Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Drive not recognized--

Default Drive not recognized--

I just received the RunCore SSD model 0900006881 256MB drive. I am using a new Lenovo W700 laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. When connecting the RunCore via USB, it does not show up as a drive. It does show up in device manager as a generic external USB device but is not configurable in any fashion. I thought it was supposed to be plug-and-play and come formatted and loaded with backup software to be able to do a drive clone to replace my original small SSD drive. How do I use this device? There is no documentation and can not access the drive to find a help file. Not impressed with this very expensive drive.
    Last edited by PeterK; 06-02-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Default Re: Drive not recognized--

This may help you...

Right click my computer, click manage, goto disk management and format the drive there. You can download a trial of the acronis software from their website.

I'm getting the same result when I tried to format the drive on two different laptops running XP....I see the drive but it is FAT instead of NTFS and then it only formats to 99% and stops and tells me it cannot complete. It's a painful issue.....something is wrong with the microcode.

Thank you TMDJ. That worked to be able to initiate and do a quick format - using Vista Ultimate 64. Tried using the Acronis but it is so confusing as after downloading, I had no idea which variation to use. Am using Norton Ghost doing disk copy. Hope to finish this evening and see if it all works. My original drive had 3 partitions so giving me some issues with that.
    Pete

256MB drive? maybe 256GB?
    try to put the ssd into laptop, to see whether the bios can see the ssd.
    if cannot, maybe a damaged one

Thread Information