Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RunCore Pro IV ssd not detected anymore

Default Re: RunCore Pro IV ssd not detected anymore

maybe damaged one

they can't solve this problem :)
    Only future products...

The problem is bad soldering quality.

I'm having the same problem as well. Succeeded in installing Linux Mint on the SSD, but only got a few boots out of it before the bios stopped recognizing it. There isn't a bios update for my computer (an HP Mini 2140)...I'm running the most current version.

Anyone know the best way to go about returning it and getting a refund? I purchased through MyDigitalDiscount in the U.S.

hi, jana~re-assemble the ssd to your hp mini and have a try~maybe it is mechanical interfere not the electronics issue~.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's really dead--that much is clear. It doesn't show up in BIOS and Windows (on another computer) only sees it as an unknown USB device when I connect it via the external enclosure provided by RunCore. The enclosure isn't the problem, either--I've tried it with other HDDs and it works fine.

Jana

dani146 said he (or one of his electrician handy man) open the case and resoldered the (+) contacts.

Re-Soldering is pretty easy to do. all you have inside is a PCB .

* i don't own one . none actually. luckily i found this thread :/

I think RunCore doesn't respond because they face a possible recall issue ?.
    If I may suggest RunCore : allow ppl who have this problem to resolder at local certified tech lab, while still retaining the warranty, provided they notify the store/company first !
    I <3 PC

I have a feeling you're right--that re-soldering would do the trick. However, I ended up returning my drive to MDD and requested an exchange (an OCZ Vertex) instead of a replacement--knowing that other people had similar problems made me less than confident that I'd get a properly working drive the second time around. I installed the OCZ yesterday, and it's working great! Unlike the RunCore, which from the beginning emitted some odd and faint but audible chirping noises, the OCZ is utterly silent.

hi,
    you need to re solder all parts in power area not just a +
    This is not easy since you may damage your SSD after this...

BR,
    Daniel M.

I have the same issue with my 256 SSD

How do I go about sending it back??

Angry Re: RunCore Pro IV ssd not detected anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dani146 View Post
    hi,
    you need to re solder all parts in power area not just a +
    This is not easy since you may damage your SSD after this...

BR,
    Daniel M.
    Any Chance you could take a photo showing the parts that need to be re-soldered and the drive models in question?

Also, while I'm here, I have a 128gb runcore IV PATA drive (posted a query elsewhere) that I can't write to when connected via usb enclosure to my desktop PC. But when connected to any laptop via usb enclosure (tried it with 2 different laptops) it works fine. The purpose however, for me buying the hard drive in the first place was to install it into my Medion Laptop Model WIM2040. When connected directly to the PATA port in the laptop, it isn't detected. I'm unable to update the firmware in the drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information