Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: runcore 1.8" pata zif

Default Re: runcore 1.8" pata zif

Hi Cghullquist,

Thanks for the very informative and well documented write up. I too have the lenovo u110 and am looking to buy the runcore zif ssd. I was wondering how the drive has been for you since your last post.

Also, do you think the desoldering of the resistor is necessary for all lenovo u110's? There is a brief comment of another user in the lenovo forums which claims his success with this drive. And if so, would this also be necessary if I chose to buy another ssd?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: runcore 1.8" pata zif

I am pleased to report that the replacement RunCore SSD is performing well at this point without even a whiff of trouble. Regarding the resistor removal, I can only say that it made all the difference for me. Not recognized at all until I unsoldered it. My faith in RunCore has been restored. The only question I presently have is whether the unusually slow resume from sleep mode is a Windows 7 issue or antivirus intrusion or Lenovo hardware or the SSD. Hard to tell, but it appears that the longer the laptop has been asleeep the longer it takes to wake up, sometimes over a minute which makes a cold boot look good. I've turned hibernation off, saves 3 gig and unnecessary SSD wear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information