Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eee PC 900 RunCore primary SSD replacement?

Default Eee PC 900 RunCore primary SSD replacement?

Hi all,

I just found out that my warranty yesterday expired so I decided to take up the Asus Eee PC as a mod project. I took apart the Eee the other day and found out that the master SSD was a Phison chip...and it is integrated. I was told by a couple of buddies that RunCore's SSD can act as Master and the Phison SSD can be disabled? One thing is for sure, no soldering for me if needs be.

Default Re: Eee PC 900 RunCore primary SSD replacement?

RunCore 70mm mini sata pci-e ssd is suitable for Asus Eee PC 900. Also it can act as master just by changing the BIOS configuration~

Thanks a bunch Chris...that was a big help by clearing up all of these lingering websites!

I did the replacement but I can't boot from SSD... I think there's something missing in the OS because Asus EEE PC has a system restore disc (I've the Win98 Home edition) not a clear installation. I've installed Win in the new ssd, all works fine but when I try to boot from it (yas, I've changed the bios to do that) I got a black screen. Any suggestion? Obviously if I buy a full win CD I could solve it... but I think I need just a few files to start booting...

hi luka, change the asus phison ssd as the first drive in Boot configuration and have a try~

I did it. Restart everything from psion hd, used the asus update utility to download latest firmware and bios. Changed primary driver to rucore, started from restore-CD and installed all. Now works fine, Runcore SSD is verrrry speedy.

...I forget: placed Runcore sticker on my Eee PC.

they can work together

I am new to forum and want to post a new thread. Sorry for ignorance but how do I do that? I don't see a "New Post" button.

Hi Buddy~ maybe you could see "New thread" link in the main page of RunCore~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information