Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HP NC2400 1.8" PATA ZIF 64Gb Problem

Default HP NC2400 1.8" PATA ZIF 64Gb Problem

I cannot get my NC2400 to boot with this drive having cloned it using R-Drive (which I use a lot). I read somewhere else that this laptop can be problamatic due to the master/slave settings on the particular makes of drive eg Sandisk doesnt work but Mtron does.

Has anyone got a runcore working?

The drive shows up when the OS (win xp) is booted and connected via either the USB caddy or the USB drive connector but doesnt boot with the zif connector on the motherboard

Thanks

Default Re: HP NC2400 1.8" PATA ZIF 64Gb Problem

Hi, Jakeb

make sure the cable connect correctly, the pin 1st must be connected with the pin 1st connector in motherboard, and the cable up and down.

Hi

The NC2400 doesnt have a zif connector on the motherboard as it has an OEM plug that presents a zif cable to the drive. I have tried turning the drive upside down and it then recognises it in the bios but still will not boot

hi jaked, maybe there are three zif cables together with the ssd in the box, change a different zif cable and have a try.

Hi

You cant change it as you have to use the HP connector as it has a special connector to the motherboard

what cable do you use to connect ssd to the hp connector?

The HP cable connects directly to the zif slot - the only thing you can change is the drive itself!

I have this working now - the drive needs to be inserted upside down and it wouldnt boot from a cloned OS. I reinstalled the OS and it works fine so far.

I dont understand. The disk doesnt even fit inside my NC2400. I have to bend the flat zif cable sideways and I think everyone knows how hard it is to bend a flatcable sideways.

The disk is not found even if i place it outside the chassi. Ive tried up side down and vice versa.

As you guys mentioned before, HP has an OEM cable on the motherboardside.
    Any ideas?

Thread Information