Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: return to factory for repair ?

Default return to factory for repair ?

Hi, RunCore support staff

I just bought a 1.8" zif 32G for samsung q1. turns out, the zif is a lif. and it does not like thick cable, even those came with the usb case and the cable from samsung q1.

and i have broken the white thingie of the lif. at the moment, i have it inside the usb case and it works just fine. but i am worried one day it will become loose and i wouldn't like to force it to the samsung.

is it possible to send it back to the factory for reapir ? and i am wondering if there is any ZIF 1.8" ssd ?

i have already send a message to your Chinese web page. but it seems that the chinese support page is not working.

thank you.

Default Re: return to factory for repair ?

the ssd is now in the usb enclosure the came with the package.

works great for a while, but after 30mins it became really hot and the disk is now corrupted. i have to cool it down and re-format.

any solutions ?!

thanks.

absolutely it is a zif, just if you connect correctly, it won't be loose.
    ummm, could you describe what happened about " corrupted?" e.g: system hang up, blue screen..

my problem is similar (see everun note thread). ssd become really hot after a while and the system hang up, sometimes whit black screen, sometimes with BSOD, sometimes not respond to mouse, keyboard input.

I did many attemps, also with another 1.8" portable case (not the original), and the ssd is not stable.

could be a power supply problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Liu View Post
    absolutely it is a zif, just if you connect correctly, it won't be loose.
    ummm, could you describe what happened about " corrupted?" e.g: system hang up, blue screen..
    i put the ssd inside the supplied usb case and use it as an removable usb storage. worked for like 30 minutes, then Windows Explorer display a corrupted folders names and the event log said the file system is corrupted. The drive is hot. I tried to re-partition & format the drive, always said "Windows cannot completed the format ...".

I then leave it overnight. Today, i leave the usb case open, re-partition & format the drive and it works. Copy about 20G of movies to the drive, reject the drive, attach it to another computer, the drive is corrupted again. Again after 30 minutes or so, the drive became really hot.

I will leave it overnight and do it again, over heat ?!

turns out it's a bad drive. thanks Liu for the excellent followups and hong kong distributor for exchanging it without question asked. thanks once again.

another question (i will probably open another thread). would a mini pci-e 50mm ssd bootable on a samsung q1? i am sure the 50mm one will fit on a samsung q1, just not sure if it is bootable as PATA or SATA on a samsung q1.

thanks.

50mm mini pci-e ssd is bootable as PATA one~

Thread Information