Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: runcore in dell vostro 1400

Default runcore in dell vostro 1400

My dell vostro 1400 laptop has an open pcie internal slot. If I installed a runcore module in the slot, would it just showup as a new drive when I boot up? Or would I have to load drivers?

Not ready to pay $800 to replace primary drive, but would like experiment with the SSD.

Also, the 1400 had an option for Intel Turbo Memory when I ordered it, but I didn't buy it because it was only 4gb.

Thanks
    Stephen

Default Re: runcore in dell vostro 1400

runcore mini pcie ssd has a micro-usb connector,
    first connect the ssd to m/b through the usb cable, use the clone software cloning original os to ssd, then fix it in pcie internal slot...

Chris, thanks for the reply. I guess that I did not make my question clear.

If I leave the original harddrive connected, I have a C: and a D:. If I just install the ssd into the internal pcie slot. Will the ssd showup as a new drive. Or will I have to load some drivers to access the ssd?

Thanks
    Stephen

it will showup as a new drive, due to the faster read/write speed, you could use runcore ssd as the OS disk, and change your original as a storage disk.

Thread Information