Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zif cable specification for 64GB Pata 1.8"

Default Re: Zif cable specification for 64GB Pata 1.8"

After trying to get this PATA 64GB Runcore drive to work for quite a while, I'm giving up. I wanted to thank those who are memebers of the forum for their suggestions to make possibly make this SSD work. I must say that I'm terribly disappointed in Runcore. Their lack of presence providing any technical input, and their lack of any real reply to problems their customers are having, should have a nice effect on their marketing. I will not be able to reccommend this device, or anything in their line to anyone looking for an SSD. Thanks again to those in the forum who did give assistance and encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldek View Post
    Hey Rusty,

I have the 32GB version of this drive in my Aspire One, and have similar problems. Mine always detects but I get IDE controller errors, sometimes a BSOD during boot (file checksum errors), and Windows needs to drop the bus speed down to UDMA 4 to avoid the errors.

The ZIF connector on my SSD is weak - it puts very little pressure on the cable and pops open easily. I have secured it with tape, but it's not enough pressure still and the electrical connection is obviously not the best. If I push down on the connector with my finger, I get no errors in Windows and UDMA 5 speed on the IDE interface.

So, your problem may not be your cable but rather the ZIF connector on the drive. Check it out, and try to re-seat your cable a few times to see what happens.
    ME TOO, Im having this annoying cable problem too

I got the ZIF cable with blue plate at bothe ends, the white plate, and the blue-green plate.
    When I try to insert the blue one, I can plug it in to usb-ZIF adapter but can't plug or stick it into ZIF SSD drive AT ALL ! Its no different whether flip up the black bar or not, its all same . I already push it firmly and force enough to push it in till the blue corner tip of the cable get a little bit damaged!
    and in mine, I dont think if I can secure it with any tape because it is really CAN NOT EVEN HOLD THE CABLE FOR SECONDS ! Its simply NO TENSION or PRESSURE at all between cable with the ssd connector.

Ive had received my ssd pro IV 5mm 64gb zif forr 6 days since Sepember 3 and now I'm so giving up to try insert the ZIF cable into the SSD again.
    I've also tried to install it using another zif with the white plate already, even it wasnt going too far ,it did firmly enough pluged into both connector (maybe because thinner? ) but when I try to connect the usb to my laptop , still no luck, the blue led did not turn on, which nothing happens.

Now I'm still waiting response from mydigitdiscount what they can do for me.
    Honestly I'm VERY dissapointed with Runcore either. beside lack of information and support, this is DEFINITELY NOT what I expected to get another faulty ssd After my 3 months long waiting patience without complaining to get my ssd!
    THANK YOU !
    Last edited by Cupidz; 09-09-2009 at 07:01 AM.

ME TOO, Im having this annoying cable problem too

I got the ZIF cable with blue plate at bothe ends, the white plate, and the blue-green plate.
    When I try to insert the blue one, I can plug it in to usb-ZIF adapter but can't plug or stick it into ZIF SSD drive AT ALL ! Its no different whether flip up the black bar or not, its all same . I already push it firmly and force enough to push it in till the blue corner tip of the cable get a little bit damaged!
    and in mine, I dont think if I can secure it with any tape because it is really CAN NOT EVEN HOLD THE CABLE FOR SECONDS ! Its simply NO TENSION or PRESSURE at all between cable with the ssd connector.

Ive had received my ssd pro IV 5mm 64gb zif forr 6 days since Sepember 3 and now I'm so giving up to try insert the ZIF cable into the SSD again.
    I've also tried to install it using another zif with the white plate already, even it wasnt going too far ,it did firmly enough pluged into both connector (maybe because thinner? ) but when I try to connect the usb to my laptop , still no luck, the blue led did not turn on, which nothing happens.

Now I'm still waiting response from mydigitdiscount what they can do for me.
    Honestly I'm VERY dissapointed with Runcore either. beside lack of information and support, this is DEFINITELY NOT what I expected to get another faulty ssd After my 3 months long waiting patience without complaining to get my ssd!
    THANK YOU ! <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Hey Cupidz, you can make it lock in place - I managed to do it in the end.

The trick is to insert the cable, close the clip, and then push the clip backwards towards the white socket while keeping it closed. You will feel it getting tight and locking into place.

Let me know how it goes.

hi,guys
    the following pic maybe help you

Kaldek,

I've had the cable locked down. The problem I had was that the SSD was only detected once in a while. I paid for a device that was supposed to operate at least as well or better than a hard drive. I paid hard earned money with that expectation. What I have is a $200+ piece of useless hardware that: 1) does not work as advertised, 2)with amateurish documentation, 3) cables that don't fit 4) and no support.

Sorry to sound so bitter.

RustyGuy

Hello Kaldek,
    Thanks for ur help. I already did trying your method + with fingernail etc before as from your previous post unfortunately STILL no luck.... ,didn't work at all for me. I don't know whether is it just my ssd or anyone other also have same case with me, I aleady try your method many times till the corner of the blue plate get a little damaged! I dont know if the cable is still functioning well.
    the problem is the blue plate just can not even going in , it just stop going in at same point same as when the black bar closed which means no little movement going in deeper , no tighten or locked, nor even little pressure.
    I also did trying by bring my ssd to a computer technician few days ago( incase i did something not right ) but the result is same.

its pretty much useless now and here I'm still waiting for responses from MDD or Runcore what their effort can do for me.
    so tiring n exhausted only to get a ssd!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGuy View Post
    Kaldek,

I've had the cable locked down. The problem I had was that the SSD was only detected once in a while. I paid for a device that was supposed to operate at least as well or better than a hard drive. I paid hard earned money with that expectation. What I have is a $200+ piece of useless hardware that: 1) does not work as advertised, 2)with amateurish documentation, 3) cables that don't fit 4) and no support.

Sorry to sound so bitter.

RustyGuy

Rustyguy, I'm so sorry to hear your problem, guess my problem is only an opening problem!
    let's see what others problem I'll going through next after ( IF ) this one is resolved.

For those who are tired of waiting for Runcore to respond with some useful information, you can purchase a Toshiba MK1214GAH and drop it in the same space as the Runcore 1.8" ssd. Took me a whole ten minutes to open the mini and insert. I've installed Windows 7 on my Mini 1000. At last I can use my Mini 1000 and have space available to do what I want..

Signing off
    Rusty Guy

Ok!
    Because i havent get any reply from mdd again since your last msg 2 weeks ago, i bring this up on forum hope this could awake your reply faster,.

To any live souls in mdd,

I'm still waiting and want to know how your response regarding my complaints. What effort and options can you do for me?
    I'm definitely sure the ETA that you sent to me is not working properly and i haven't received any reply again for the last 2 WEEKS! Since last email from you.

I need faster response same as when I was make an order.
    Now I'm just waiting too long everytime i need to get a reply from mdd ( 1-2 week for a reply? ), im tried till tired to keep send same emails repeatly but you're just act like runcore -poof!- dissapears and keep ignoring me .Please dont make me regret so badly to choose buying from mdd.

Im already dissapointed with runcore because this is not the first time for their unprofessional lack of supports & communication which very important for customers and bad quality control which always let customers doing trial and error product tests by themself many times.

My work is not only sending same email repeatly everyday just to get an attention. I'm only ask for the real full function of a ssd , Why is this so difficult?
    Thx !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information