Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PCIe SATA vs PATA? Please help

Exclamation PCIe SATA vs PATA? Please help

Please contact me and explain the difference between SATA and PATA on a PCIe SSD connector. Does it matter which one I get, since it's the same connector? Is this onboard and nothing to worry about? Are they different pins on the connector? Will damage occur if I use the wrong one? I can't find this info explained anywhere on the net.

I have an eee pc 1000 that has a 50mm 8gig pcie ssd (burried inside), and a 70mm 32gig pcie ssd (easily accessed).

Most people don't know that asus eee pc 1000 ssd verision does NOT really have a 40gig ssd drive, but an 8g fast ssd 50mm drive plus a 32g slow 70mm ssd drive, completely separate. FYI

Please contact me at terren272@yahoo.com as I may not remember how to get back to this forum.

Cool Re: PCIe SATA vs PATA? Please help

they are the same connector but use different data transfer protocol
    and asus 1000 does not support SATA protocol,so you could select a pata pcie.

Default Re: PCIe SATA vs PATA? Please help

Thanks. Can you tell me where this is documented? Can you tell me where pata vs sata pcie are explained?

Are there pcie slots that will take both/either pata or sata?

Thread Information