Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Matt,

I'm a long term Mac user and I used to trust CCC until I ran in big troubles with a secure filvault session, therefore I do not CCC anymore but I Reinstall and then import data with the Assistant.

This will be done tonight.

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Just installed the CCC-ed SSD in my Macbook Rev. A, and it worked PERFECT!

The speed is astonishing!

One thing though: before copying with CCC partion the SSD with GUID-table! It's preformated with MBR. MBR works fine on aMacbook, but the initial boot time is way longer...

You're absolutely right, would be better if the drive would come pre partition MACOS Extended Journaled with GUID as partition table.
    This takes a few seconds to do but is a must if you want to get fll speed of your MAC OS X.

Ok I go for it in one hour.

I did some Xbench and some Speedtools benches on my Samsung SSD and I will post the comparisons...

Gilles

Gilles, n'écoute pas la personne de Runcore, il y beaucoup mieux ŕ faire avec ton ancien disque dur que de le garder pour faire des sauvegardes

J'attends les bench :)

mine (IDE PATA for X40) was fast but blue screen for anything involving sequencial write... hope yours will be fine!

out of curiosity, which SATA to PATA converter does my SSD use ? (brand new RCP-IV-P1864-C)

Here are the tests.

Samsung Vs Runcore in XBench

Samsung Vs Runcore in QuickBench

This is a blasting fast drive!

Mail launches in less than 2"
    Word 2008 less than 5"
    Excel is almost instantaneaous
    Windows XP in a VMware VM is booting from scratch in less than 40"
    And Autocad in that machine in 5"

For 400 € this will keep my MBA up to date for at least the next two years.

I want to publicly thank Runcore and MDD for their professionalism and their reaction, this story started bad bud ended quite well.

Another hint the total process for changing the drive and reinstalling the system took me 1hour and 1/2....
    Last edited by GillesB; 10-06-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: mistyping

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *SOLVED!*

Dear Runcore,

Like GillesB, I can confirm the new 64Gb SSD drive is working perfectly in the Apple Macbook Air Rev. A.

It's really fast! My drive-only-Xbench-test (#1.3) score of the old 80Gb Samsung HD is 29.62. With the new SSD (formatted on HFS+ GUID), and exactly the same data (Carbon Copy Cloner), the score is 113.42 !! That's almost 4x the original speed. I surely can advise this upgrade for almost any Macbook Air Rev. A user...

Original HD Benchmark: Xbench: Comparison (red items)

SSD-Benchmark: Xbench: Comparison (red items)

Nevertheless:
    I wonder if it can keep this speed in the future, because a known 'issue' with SSD is the fact that how less free space, how slower the performance. Therefore I have a question:

Is there an OSX utility for the RunCore drive to execute TRIM-commands?
    Last edited by Martijn; 10-06-2009 at 04:05 PM.

This is great news guys I am so happy they are working properly.

Martijn, I will check to see if there will be any sort of TRIM feature you can use.

Matt

Hi,

does anyone have comparison data with a photofast V3? According to them, the indilix should push 100MB/s which is the PATA maximum....

@Zaxxon:

That's imposible: although PATA's limit is 100Mb/s (or 133Mb/s) that's the so called 'burstmode-speed' and can only be reached for very short time's. A PATA-100-interface that reaches 66Mb/s is a very good one, for example...

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information