Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Thanks to Checkitout for the info - and to everyone else contributing. I'd say I'm semi-adventurous. I think I'll hold back for now and keep on watching this thread for news... but I'm eager for the extra space and speed, so I don't know for how long I can restrain myself

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Hi all - I have the same problem on my MBA rev A with standby/hibernate. I'd say at least half the time when I reopen the lid - I get the indefinite spinning beach ball. I got the new drive 2 weeks ago, other than that it works well and a good upgrade. But this is pretty important - as the whole point of the MBA for me is to use it as if it was instant on.

Would really love to see a proper fix. I am going to try the posted workaround for now.

Thanks!

Btw: 1.6ghz, 2gb ram, Rev A, 64gb Runcore 1.8" Pro IV Pata ZIF
    Last edited by vipnyc; 10-26-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Add info

Ok guys I got a short answer saying it is likely a FW problem not a hardware problem. They are still looking into it my fingers are crossed that it is in fact a FW problem and that Indilinx will fix this issue. I know there are thousands of MBA Rev A 1.6ghz owners drooling over our SSD right now. I hope we can solve this issue as fast as you do.

Matt

Thumbs up Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Thanx for your reply Matt (mark. Runcore), we hope it will be fix soon.

Please give us updates, we stay tuned.

Regards.

Just want to chime in and say that I've got a similar issue with my 64GB SSD. Various crashes, and not just on wakeup, but also on sleep.

Yesterday I closed my MBA, and went to bed. Somewhat later I noticed that I was still hearing a fan. My MBA was very hot, with the fan running at max., and wouldn't wake up. This is on OSX 10.5.8.

Also, @runcore marketing, a video that shows how to install the disk in the MBA would have been immensely helpful, not just during installation (which side goes up, show how the ZIF thingie works - these things are not obvious to everybody) but also beforehand, to help making the sale (because I bet I'm not the only non-technical MBA owner who wants a SSD but doubts whether installing it himself is feasible.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    That's not as useful as the ifixit guide, which has clear pictures and really is step-by-step. (And you can also download the PDF great service!)

For example, Baulard doesn't seem to show that you have to disconnect the battery before going into the internals of the logic board you have no idea what you'll break otherwise.

But, of course, that page was nice as a second source on how to do this.

Re firmware: The 1819 release notes (Runcore currently ships 1571) indeed talk about fixes to hibernate/sleep bugs. But then, this is pretty fresh firmware, and I have already read about other problems with 1819, so I think I'll wait for the next release after that.

I have some potentially very good news guys.

We found a MBA Rev A SSD that gave us the same error as you guys got and just tried a new FW from Indilinx and bam no problem for 25 cycles of Sleep and Hibernate. I actually have a drive on its way to MyDigitalDiscount.com allready upgraded. I would like to send to one of you guys ASAP for further confirmation. Who is closest to NY and bought your drive from MyDigitalDiscount.com so we can get some answers fast? Please call MDD to be the 1st to change to the new drive and FW.
    I would tell you all to upgrade to the New FW now but we just want to make sure as Indilinx is not even releasing the FW for another 2 weeks.

Also even more good news - for others that are having this problem in other computers it seems to fix them as well.

I will keep you all posted but it seems like this drive is going to be perfected within a week or less. Thanks for the help and great feedback guys. Now we will start tackling some of the other threads here. We are developing a solid support structure for you guys at this time so in the future things are much more organized.

Matt

Lightbulb Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Thanks for your support on the question Matt. Could you send me the new firmware to start some testing here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

checkitout according to Indilinx that FW is not supposed to be available to the public.

The FW we tested is 1819 and that does fix the sleep/hibernate issue. The 1819 FW version that people are using now may not be the actual 1819 FW since it is not scheduled for release from Indilinx for another week or so.

Where did you find the 1819 FW? I am sure Indilinx and others would like to know.

Matt

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information