Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

does the latest MDD batch of 128 (non-mac) zif discs already have the new firemware?

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Yes and they are and you better buy one now and I mean now they only have 7pcs left out of 30 this morning.

We will make more next week so keep the orders coming. Please don't let the back order sign (that will surly be up there tomorrow) slow you down.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore

bought it november 9th, just after they were back in stock - hopefully it's the new version with fixed firmware

I just bought a 128gb ZIF SSD in Hong Kong,
    model label RCP-IV-Z1828-C (M34).. But I haven't be able to get the drive to be dectect correctly..

sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't..in My Mac Air Rev A
    I'm really confuse as I suppose this is the revised version (red line logo)

Do I need to reformat it on another Mac to get it work?
    Installer Disc doesn't detect...but somehow Win7 does..????
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    Klykenb, that is cool but I wonder if you have one of the drives with the old FW or the new FW.

If it is not to much trouble could you get me the SN from the drive please?

Anyone else try this?

TY,

Matt
    ATA Bus:

RunCore 64G-C SSD:

Capacity: 64,02 GB (64.023.257.088 bytes)
    Model: RunCore 64G-C SSD
    Revision: 1571
    Serial Number: RC0900025958
    Removable Media: No
    Detachable Drive: No
    BSD Name: disk0
    Protocol: ATA
    Unit Number: 0
    Socket Type: Internal
    Low Power Polling: No
    Partition Map Type: MBR (Master Boot Record)
    S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified
    Volumes:
    RUNCORE SSD:
    Capacity: 64,02 GB (64.017.321.984 bytes)
    Available: 14,81 GB (14.806.659.072 bytes)
    Writable: Yes
    File System: Journaled HFS+
    BSD Name: disk0s1
    Mount Point: /

Firmware version is : 1571
    Last edited by kleykenb; 11-25-2009 at 03:27 AM.

For those noobs like me, SMART Utility for Mac will display the firmware version of the drive I think. I'm gonna use it once I get my disc.

Volitans Software- Makers of SMART Utility for the Mac

Matt - this isn't an acceptable solution. If you are truly apologetic and would like to make this up to those of us who have been early adopters and have been trying to support you on this here's what I suggest.

1.) You send a new drive to us with the update firmware. If you need to to take a refundable credit card deposit or something that's fine. I don't have an issue with that.
    2.) You (runcore) sends us postage paid shipping or your UPS account # and we can repackage the drive and send it in the material you have sent us.
    3.) You eliminate us having to deal with each retailer and runcore take responsibility for this. We have been free QA testers for a defective product.

You have to understand that these drives are already in our system and for many of us this computer is the main computer we use. Your solution would require the following steps for me.
    1.) Backup the old SSD to the old drive.
    2.) Uninstall the old SSD
    3.) Reinstall the old drive
    4.) Wait for the new SSD
    5.) Backup the old drive to the new SSD
    6.) Install the new SSD.

This is simply not acceptable. To quote another poster --- You can't be serious. Opening up my computer 3 times and backing up the drive and sending it back and forth just doesn't work.

Please send us new drives, we'll go through the hassle of backing up and uninstalling the old drive and send it to you at your expense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    Ok I hate to say this guys, but for anyone with the old FW and wants the Sleep/Hibernate issue fixed you are going to have to send your drives back for a FW update.

I have been trying all week to figure this new FW update out via USB and it does work but as someone posted before it does not work as well as it should. When doing it via USB for some reason it affects the performance of the drive. The only way to make it work properly is to send it back to the Runcore factory and have them do the FW via the chip itself not via USB. Looks like they are going to have to dissect these puppies.

I am so very sorry about this guys I wish there was something I could do to make it up to you. I am sure most of you will be happy to send them back because you see how great the drives is and don't care if it takes walking on hot coal to get the drive back into your computer. The only thing I can promise is that we will turn your drive around within 24hours of it hitting the factory in China.

I suggest to get the ball rolling you contact the vendor whom you purchased the drive from or simple send it to the HangZhou China facility with a clear document with your personal info and the status of the drive.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore

Quote Originally Posted by hankit View Post
    model label RCP-IV-Z1828-C (M34).. But I haven't be able to get the drive to be dectect correctly..

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
    the USB to zif board can recognize your SSD?If yes ,pls erase your original ZIF cable.

Quote Originally Posted by riyadc View Post
    So once the new Indilinx firmware is officially out, will we be able to upgrade the firmware using OSX? Or will I need to plug in the drive to a windows machine?
    NO ,you can update it by CD-ROM boot

Quote Originally Posted by hankit View Post

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
    The product you buy is RCP-IV-Z1828-C ?? It can't be used well on MacBook Air Rev A.

Before you purchasing, the vendor should have told you that if you want it to be used on a MBA, you should buy a RCP-IV-ZA1828-C. Furthermore, ZA18XX can be used well on other notebook which has a ZIF connector.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information