Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

The ZIF cable is a pain to connect properly (and fragile, too). Hate to say it but you might try cracking open your case again and reseating the cable. I reused my original cable because the new drive didn't come with a compatible one.

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Thank-you for your quick responses... even thouDrive i bought states it is a ght the SSD for a MBA Rev A? ... That is the reason I waited this long was to get the correct version...From reading the other messages in this thread and others Runcore was releasing the correct compatible SSD.. I bought this from MyDigitalDiscount.com and was backordered so I assumed I was getting the fixed version....

Quote Originally Posted by MTCca View Post
    Thank-you for your quick responses... even thouDrive i bought states it is a ght the SSD for a MBA Rev A? ... That is the reason I waited this long was to get the correct version...From reading the other messages in this thread and others Runcore was releasing the correct compatible SSD.. I bought this from MyDigitalDiscount.com and was backordered so I assumed I was getting the fixed version....
    To check whether you have connected correctly. Firstly, you connect the SSD to the MBA via USB cable, confirm the RunCore SSD whether can be recognized. If it can be recognized, then connected to the MBA with ZIF cable.

The 1.8" ZIF SSD install on MBA rev A you can refer to this web:

RUNCORE IV PRO 128

Connect the 1.8" ZIF SSD to the USB case by ZIF cable you can refer to the following picture:

To resolve the 'freeze waking from sleep' issue with firmware 1571, MDD replaced my 128GB for Rev A with a new drive, firmware 1819.

Cold boot works fine. Restarts always result in this:

YouTube - MacOSX/MacBook Startup Error HELP!!!

Just a bad drive or another firmware issue???

Found this recent thread on the runcore SSD in MBA rev.A. Seems these people don't get any, or very few, issues with the 128GB Firware 1819 version.

Rev. A MBA with Runcore SSD upgrade - Mac Forums

HOHUM,

AND KNOW WHAT MATT? SEND THE DISK AGAIN TO CHINA? And every new bug we found the same? You canīt be serious man.

Thatīs what i told you in my last post.
    You ignore us in our request to assume the cost of the disk swap with a new one. Are you going to take hands-on the question and help us?

Sorry for your issues j0yk...

Quote Originally Posted by j0yk View Post
    To resolve the 'freeze waking from sleep' issue with firmware 1571, MDD replaced my 128GB for Rev A with a new drive, firmware 1819.

Cold boot works fine. Restarts always result in this:

YouTube - MacOSX/MacBook Startup Error HELP!!!

Just a bad drive or another firmware issue???

Matt,

It's been 5 days and I haven't heard back from you. Please tell me that you are going to do the right thing and are working on it and not just ignoring us hoping we'll go away.

I'm getting frustrated/disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
    ATA Bus:

RunCore 64G-C SSD:

Capacity: 64,02 GB (64.023.257.088 bytes)
    Model: RunCore 64G-C SSD
    Revision: 1571
    Serial Number: RC0900025958
    Removable Media: No
    Detachable Drive: No
    BSD Name: disk0
    Protocol: ATA
    Unit Number: 0
    Socket Type: Internal
    Low Power Polling: No
    Partition Map Type: MBR (Master Boot Record)
    S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified
    Volumes:
    RUNCORE SSD:
    Capacity: 64,02 GB (64.017.321.984 bytes)
    Available: 14,81 GB (14.806.659.072 bytes)
    Writable: Yes
    File System: Journaled HFS+
    BSD Name: disk0s1
    Mount Point: /

Firmware version is : 1571
    Ok, I've got the Runcore SSD with firmware 1571 since a week or two and although it did not show up at first I now do have the sleep/wake turning ball issue too. My SSD did not come from MyDigitalDiscount.com btw. But I do think that Matt nor MyDigitalDiscount.com can hardly be held responsible for the problem so the bashing in some posts is not very fair. Hopefully Runcore comes up with a solution other than sending the disks back... I'm going to see if I can find a firmware somewhere and install it myself and apparantly 1819 is not the latest firmware around anymore, firmware 1848 now seems to be the talk of the 'town' on the net ?! But I also read somewhere that Idelinx is very cautious about who it gives the new firmwares to, my feeling is that the firmware all have bugs and therefor Idelinx only wants to provide in those situations and to those companies that own a lot of identical drives so they can first test the firmware properly before releasing it.
    After all, we may all think that we've seen the worst of what a firmware can do to an SSD disk but a firmware with a hidden bug (and I assume they expect there are still many of those) can put a company out of business and seen the bad rep that Runcore already has from it's previous firmwares I'm not suprised they are reluctant to make any steps. Once bitten, twice shy. Better a semi-working product than bricking a large portion of your customer base.
    Last edited by kleykenb; 12-04-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Just FYI, no response from RunCore (support@runcore.com) or MDD, even Twitter @RunCore, after >48 hrs so sent second email request on whether the restart issue is a firmware issue or a defective drive.

Correction: My bad on the Tweet... had them protected.
    Last edited by j0yk; 12-04-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Correction

Please also uncheck in your Energy Saving options the option "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep".
    Since I unchecked that option a week ago I have not had any running balls balls when the notebook returned from sleep.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information