Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

the 2 1/2" drive is housed in a nice sexy black aluminium case with lil Warranty Void stickers on...

There is jumpers beside the 44-pin IDE connector, but nooooooooooooooooooo info on the label to advise how to set the suckers...

these dummies think too, cos its a 2 1/2" drive it's gotta be in a laptop... Pfffttt!!!

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Screen View Post
    I still have the problem of UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME with my runcore in my PC, nobody will tell me how to determine my firmware version...
    DOS-based MHDD can tell you firmware revision and do a read test on the SSD. Second alternatives tools: Seatool or ftool from the Hard drive Diagnostic Tools And Utilities can also tell you the firmware version.

the 2 1/2" drive is housed in a nice sexy black aluminium case with lil Warranty Void stickers on...

There is jumpers beside the 44-pin IDE connector, but nooooooooooooooooooo info on the label to advise how to set the suckers...

these dummies think too, cos its a 2 1/2" drive it's gotta be in a laptop... Pfffttt!!!
    If you're not getting any data on master/slave jumpers, if you have a digital multimeter can see which jumper passes continuity test when placed against Jmicron's JM20330 sata-to-pata chip pin 33 (MSSEL). MSSEL sets master (logic 0/GND) or slave mode (logic 1/3.3V). Pinout and datasheet are shown here.
    Last edited by nando4; 12-28-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Quote Originally Posted by nando4 View Post
    If you're not getting any data on master/slave jumpers, if you have a digital multimeter can see which jumper passes continuity test when placed against Jmicron's JM20330 sata-to-pata chip pin 33 (MSSEL). MSSEL sets master (logic 0/GND) or slave mode (logic 1/3.3V). Pinout and datasheet are shown here.
    I have no wish, just yet, to open up the housing of this drive...

Was reading the topic even if I'm using a Kingspec SSD (KSD-ZF18.1-032MJ) to upgrade my MBA Rev A.

Does anybody knows where I can buy another ZIF Apple Cable (Marked Foxconn NKCH22) cause the one in my Air is giving problem, to have the old HD and the SSD working (I could boot a few time and install and run properly Leopard snow) I have to belt it. Maybe I was too rude or the cable was nearly gone.

I tried on ebay without success,

thanks for any help about where to get a new one!!!

Simone.

Quote Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
    I think you have little choice but to get the SSD out of your macbook air and then put it in the metal case you got with the RunCore and connect it to the USB port.
    Then hold the Alt key pressed right after you press the power button on the MBA and try to boot your MBA from the USB connected SSD drive.
    If that boots then you probably have a bad cable or the cable was not connected correctly but to be sure you could also try to install MacOS on the SSD while you have the disk connected to USB to make extra sure.
    Also, since you're going to have the MBA open anyway reinstall the old HDD back in the system because it will make other tests possible.
    I did that. And reformatted the disk. It clones and works fine but when trying to boot the computer from USB using the disk, I get the multi-language giant on/off switch that says 'you have to restart the computer'. I start it from the original disk and now the Runcore is corrupted according to Disk Utility (invalid extent entry, invalid node structure). After that, the disk won't repair and won't run.

Belt it?

Dumbass!

Belt it?

Dumbass!
    We have sent a email to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmolano View Post
    I did that. And reformatted the disk. It clones and works fine but when trying to boot the computer from USB using the disk, I get the multi-language giant on/off switch that says 'you have to restart the computer'. I start it from the original disk and now the Runcore is corrupted according to Disk Utility (invalid extent entry, invalid node structure). After that, the disk won't repair and won't run.
    Firstly, connect the SSD to MacBook by the USB case.

Secondly, create(select the GUID Partition Table in the option) and format as HFS+ in the partition of Disk Utility.

Thirdly, clone the mac os of original driver to the new RunCore ssd by Carbon Copy Cloner.

Lastly, using the RunCore SSD to replace the original driver.
    Last edited by RunCore Tech_Support; 01-06-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simone37 View Post
    Was reading the topic even if I'm using a Kingspec SSD (KSD-ZF18.1-032MJ) to upgrade my MBA Rev A.

Does anybody knows where I can buy another ZIF Apple Cable (Marked Foxconn NKCH22) cause the one in my Air is giving problem, to have the old HD and the SSD working (I could boot a few time and install and run properly Leopard snow) I have to belt it. Maybe I was too rude or the cable was nearly gone.

I tried on ebay without success,

thanks for any help about where to get a new one!!!

Simone.
    Maybe you can connect the Apple Service for a new one.
    Because we are unable to buy an apple ZIF cable elsewhere.

Belt it?

Dumbass!
    The original hard disk was not working any more as well, so the cable had problem, 99% was the cable, and with a little bit of physical experiment (belting) now I know it is the cable. Actually now I remember hearing sometimes the hard disk clicking (it was a switch off) when using the macbook air. Maybe it was the cable already giving some problem.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information