Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default RunCore 128 GB MBA 1st Rev Bootcamp

Hello,

I installed a Runcore 128 GB SSD on my first gen MBA and couldn't be happier with speed, etc. With the extra space, I wanted to install Win 7 using Bootcamp, but when it comes to the point where the Win 7 install needs to format the BOOTCAMP drive, it fails (I tried both 32 and 64 bit installs).

Does anyone know of a workaround or if it is possible with my Runcore? Any information would be much appreciated.

thanks,
    Glen

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Hi gman_nyc,
    why don't you just install Windows 7 as a Virtual system using VirtualBox (which is freeware). I'm running that on my 1. gen. MBA with the 128GB Runcore SSD and it works just fine. It might be a bit slow if you want to use it as the primary operative system, but for a secondary system it is fine.

By the way, everyone - have had my Runcore 128GB SSD in my 1. gen. MBA for a month now and I love it! Markedly better speed and more space - who wouldn't! I have not encountered any problems since the installation (see previous post).

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Hi Flopsy,

Thanks - I've got an XP VM running under VMWare but I heard some good things about Win 7 using SSD so I was willing to carve out 32 GBs for a bootcamp version.

For those that try this and end of erasing the bootcamp partition because of the formatting problem, be aware that, sometimes, the regular Mac startup may be impacted (blank window stays for 30 - 40 seconds before the "Apple" appears). I reinstalled Snow Leopard and brought everything back via SuperDuper and all is very fast once again.

Glen

Well thatís answers my question. Bootcamp fails to work after install of the SSD. Same as my 2007 iMac with an OCZ drive.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Very unfortunate.<o:p></o:p>

Default Re: RunCore 128 GB MBA 1st Rev Bootcamp

Quote Originally Posted by gman_nyc View Post
    Hello,

I installed a Runcore 128 GB SSD on my first gen MBA and couldn't be happier with speed, etc. With the extra space, I wanted to install Win 7 using Bootcamp, but when it comes to the point where the Win 7 install needs to format the BOOTCAMP drive, it fails (I tried both 32 and 64 bit installs).

Does anyone know of a workaround or if it is possible with my Runcore? Any information would be much appreciated.

thanks,
    Glen
    The partiton of BOOTCAMP is formatted as FAT32, but the partiton for windows 7 setup must be NTFS.

So you'd better format the partiton of BOOTCAMP as NTFS. You can take it out of your MBA and connect it to another PC by USB enclosure to format it.
    It is inconvenient for you to take it out. So you can using a Windows XP setup CD to format it as NTFS file system. After formatting, then to install windows 7.

But be caution not to choose the wrong partition.

Quote Originally Posted by bdavidson View Post
    Well thatís answers my question. Bootcamp fails to work after install of the SSD. Same as my 2007 iMac with an OCZ drive.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Very unfortunate.<o:p></o:p>
    I may need to correct my comment. Based on rereading, gman_nyc was able to boot off the windows DVD in his MBA Rev A with the SSD installed, just not format. That may be a good sign since booting windows DVD/CDs has always been the problem for me on other macs with SSD.

Now if only the US distributer would get the 64gb version in stock.

15pcs are on the way to MDD right now but they will be the last 15pcs until March 5th so you may want to get your order in immediately. Maybe even call them to make sure that the 15pcs are not on back orders and already sold.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore

Default Firmware updates

Matt,

I emailed tech support but no response. I need an .iso firmware update for my macbook air rev. B to 1916. Can you help out? Or is there a better way to get it installed on a mac?

Hello every one. Trying to flash the SSD-drive but is getting:
    "Bad command or filename - "SSDCHK.exe"
    Remove CD_ROM from drive and reboot you computer"

When I try to boot from the CD I got from Runcore and burned. Anyone?

Edit: I solved it, didn't realize the CD was the C: was the mac HD...
    Last edited by aksel.dahllof; 02-15-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Hello,

could anyone tell me where i could have installed the Runcore SSD on my MacBook Air rev A in Paris (France)??
    I don't want to do it on my own.
    Thanks

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread Information