Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

@Gilles:

I agree.

I read somewhere earlier: "The drive is set to cable select and if we make it master all of those PC's that were not working should now work unfortunately all except the MBA."

So even if we could somehow change CS to Master, it's not a solution. A prefer a one-time-fix-it-all solution.

So Runcore should deliver a new firmware that fixes the MBA Rev. A initial problem and a simple tool (Mac of Windows, doesn't matter) to flash the firmware...

I Just recieved the Snow Leopard upgrade. This gives me another good reasons why I really would like to get busy with the SSD-drive on my MBA...

So the question is: Any news yet, Roncore Marketing?

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

@Martijn

I agree with you and in addition I don't really unserstand wh we should care about other PC's as the drive is "designed" for the MacBookAir.
    It should be set for it and if not working with other PC's then there is the other version (Non MBA) available.

I also would like what is the difference in between:

128GB: RCP-IV-P1828-C (Std)

and

128GB: RCP-IV-ZA1828-C (MBA Rev A)

If you read that page: http://www.runcore.com/content/products/

You'll see that that they know the differences ;=)

GillesB

Quote Originally Posted by GillesB View Post
    @ Martijn

I expected it to be a setting to be done via some software.

This is quite common, and even if the software is only available on a PC I would like to get it ASAP.

Up to now the messages we get are all :" we believe our engineers will solve the problem" which one week after discovery is a bit short, when repeated several times....

I would like them to move on and give us a chnace to try.

I even don't know if they did a mistake badging it, may be it's a manufacturing issue, and they truly tested it on an MBA but in CS.

RGDS

Gilles
    You can't setting it to master mode by software.Also not the manufacturing issue.It's seems like compatible issue.

Tony,

Are you from runcore?

Why do you mean by "compatible issue" ?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by rainonme View Post
    Hi Martijn,

I have actually encountered this issue before, and a close friend of mine referred me to Supportrix, itís a 24/7 tech support call center, and they were able fixed it in no time. You can call them at 1-866-437-6418, website is www.supportrix.com. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I assume this is some kind of SPAM...

Is there a moderator or admin to ban those ass****?

To make it Master you have to remove the R49 resistor on the SSD. It is the top resistor in the column on the right of the PCB. You will see that R49 is written above it. If anyone wants to try it then PM me and I will send you instructions.

At this point we do not know why the SSD works some of the time in the MBA we are consulting other people and trying to figure it out.

I have a meeting with the guys in china in about an hour we will discuss the problems in that meeting and we hope to get some new ideas through the group discussion.

BTW I am really sorry we did not test the drive in the MBA rev A we had already tested it in so many other computers and it worked fine and we were having a hard time getting a MBA Rev A in China at the time. Other than the format and the software included there is no difference in the MBA Rev A and the PC product.

Matt

Then why label it as being compatible with the MacBook Air Rev. A? So I would like to return the drive. Is this possible?

Thank you Matt for being honest.

As it seems, the Macbook Air Rev A has a logical drive size limitation:

Original Macbook Air Hard Drive upgrade problems - The macosxhints Forums

Macbook Air hard drive - 5mm or 8mm? - The macosxhints Forums

I assume, there will be no chance in getting it fixed ever.

Quote Originally Posted by vintueil View Post
    As it seems, the Macbook Air Rev A has a logical drive size limitation:
    I assume, there will be no chance in getting it fixed ever.
    Drive size limitation shouldn't prevent my 64GB drives from working. Still hoping for a proper fix. Neither RunCore nor KingSpec has replied to my inquiry, which I've sent on their websites.
    Last edited by santala; 09-03-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information