Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

GillesB If you want the new drive I think the best option for you would be for us to not do anything yet I will talk to UPS and ask them if there is a way to send you a replacement (the new model) drive with a return label to send the old drive back with and avoid the taxes.

vintueil, there will be no restocking fee due to the fact that the drive did not work for you.

Matt

Default Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Yes that is the one and I give you permission to take it off yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GillesB View Post
    So where are we?

I'm still waiting for those instructions and answers..

Is this the Resistor ?

I can confim I tried witha 120 Gb drive and it works, so there is no limitation on the MBA as of drive size.

Matt,

Thanks for your replies and sorry for the "bitter" posts sent before, but I was more than worrying.

You said that you tried in MASTER but it doesn't solved the problem, is that right?

If it is the case I will prefer to wait for a replacement drive, if you didn't and you would like me to test it, fine I'll proceed with the R49 removal (Do not worry I have a soldering iron with erathing and static protection for electronic components).

Thanks.

Gilles

NP, you can try it but it does not mean it is going to work. Like I said before it is off an on. But if you like doing stuff like this and want to try then go right ahead.

Matt

Angry Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm also one of the suffferer of this unfortunate event. After 6 weeks of waiting, I finally got the RCP-IV-Z1864-C yesterday from MDD and I spent almost 5 hrs trying to get to work with my MBA Rev A but in vain.

Thanks for this useful forum, I now got the answer. But my question is why MDD still shipping these "fault" units out when GillesB (plus a few tens of people) reporting problems with MBA in the net? Maybe Matt can try answer this...

I went to local reseller in Hong Kong just now and they said the new batch received is having problem and not allow to sell, honest folks.

I also bought two other brands (Kxxxspecs KSD-ZF18-128MJ and Phxxxfast PF18Z64GSSDZIF) to try out. The result was Kxxx also can't work with MBA Rev A, BUT the Taiwanese Phxxx works perfectly well!!! And that really make my day.

Question Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Matt,

I really would like to try out your "new" product which you said it will be ready in 15 days. But I'm living in Hong Kong, should I wait and do nothing OR should I proceed RMA with MDD?

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    GillesB If you want the new drive I think the best option for you would be for us to not do anything yet I will talk to UPS and ask them if there is a way to send you a replacement (the new model) drive with a return label to send the old drive back with and avoid the taxes.

vintueil, there will be no restocking fee due to the fact that the drive did not work for you.

Matt

Matt,

I don't want to waste time for a no chance trial, so I'll wait for the exchange procedure.

Please tell me ASAP by email when and how to ship back.

PS: The Phxxxx isn't really an option as it is slower than the original SSD.
    Gilles

Matt,
    i would also like to make use of the replacement deal (like GillesB). I think it's fair enough for all customers affected by this drive. Would this be an option for Runcore?
    Thanks
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dclaessen View Post
    matt,
    i would also like to make use of the replacement deal (like gillesb). I think it's fair enough for all customers affected by this drive. Would this be an option for runcore?
    Thanks
    dennis
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post

Matt
    Hi Matt,

I would also like to be part of this deal....

PM or email me please with the info you need from me.

Martijn

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information