Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HP Mini 1000 64GB SSD problems

Default HP Mini 1000 64GB SSD problems

First of all hello everyone!

I have had my Runcore 64GB SSD for a few months but never had the time to install it into my HP Mini 1000. So I followed all the directions and did everything correctly but I am having issues with loading any operating system.

I first tried to install just Windows XP to my machine and the install would end up freezing at the end of file transfer. (This would still be the blue XP install screen not the configuring your machine GUI). I tried again and it hung in a different spot, say 68% through instead of 92% or so. Then I tried Windows 7, same problems, and finally I tried Ubuntu Linux and it hung at the end of install for that. Everything works fine on the stock SSD but not on the Runcore.

I did a scan and there are no bad sectors or anything, plus it works fine when plugged in through the USB to transfer files. Is there any solution, or do I just have a semi-bricked SSD?

Default Re: HP Mini 1000 64GB SSD problems

I'm guessing that your original SSD did not come with a ferrite choke on it, like the one in the Acer Aspire One, that you could install to possibly fix this problem. If that's the case, try limiting the IDE interface to UDMA4 as described by kaldek here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/zif-...24/#post312205

Ok, where would I install the ferrite core choke? On the SSD itself? If so what part number can I get, such as a digikey number or something?

Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Ok, where would I install the ferrite core choke? On the SSD itself? If so what part number can I get, such as a digikey number or something?
    You would install the ferrite choke on the cable. The Acer Aspire One has it taped in place with double sided tape closest to the motherboard end so it won't slide around, and it is a pretty tight fit to the cable. I don't want to open my netbook again, so I can't give you exact dimensions. Looking through the list and dimensions at Digikey, I'm thinking something like this part might be close: Digi-Key - 240-2162-ND (Manufacturer - 28R1102-100) It would be better though if someone else could measure an actual part for you.

Pls limit the IDE interface to UDMA4 in the BIOS ,the problem will be resolved ,have a try ,good luck!

I had reason to open my Acer Aspire One again, so here are the approximate dimensions of the ferrite choke:
    outer 25mm x 4mm x 14mm
    slot 21.5mm x 0.8mm

Quote Originally Posted by 3water View Post
    Pls limit the IDE interface to UDMA4 in the BIOS ,the problem will be resolved ,have a try ,good luck!
    that option is not available in the hp mini 1000 bios.

Thread Information