Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help needed - Runcore SSD Pro IV 1.8 Zif 32GB not work with Sony VAIO UX

Unhappy Help needed - Runcore SSD Pro IV 1.8 Zif 32GB not work with Sony VAIO UX

I got a Runcore Pro IV SSD 32GB 1.8 Zif PATA for my sony vaio ux.

First step: I used the SSD in small USB Case and recovered WIN7 from the image file, stored in another Harddisk. It was going very well.

Second step: I opened my UX and replaced its original 1.8 Hitachi Harddisk with the new SSD. I payed extra attention to the Zif Cable and make sure it was pluged in on the right side. At least I thought it was right side. The reason I will explain later on.

Third step: I resembled my UX and turn on it. Unfortunately the new SSD could only be recognize as Optical Drive, seen in the Bios. It would be Okay if it could at least boot operating system, but it failed with the prompt "The operating system was not found".

Additional steps: I tried to make a few searching and found some information about runcore's upside-down problem. So I reconnected the Zif Cable on the other side and this time nothing was found in Bios (Even worse). I considered it be contact problem, so I tried both sides a few times and ended with no success.

Stange things happened then. I came with the idea that the cloning/recovery was probably not correctly processed, then I connected my external dvd drive and wanted to installed my Windows. (Remember the SSD was recognized as OPTICAL DRIVE in Bios) The windows7, which I recovery from image, was booted surprisingly and it worked... Ironically I tried again without connection of dvd drive, the SSD did not work again.

I could not take a external dvd with me everytime, thereby I don't take it as a solution and ask for help.

Could engineers of Runcore company or anyone, who knows the problem, do me a favor? Thanks

Default Re: Help needed - Runcore SSD Pro IV 1.8 Zif 32GB not work with Sony VAIO UX

The model of my UX is 280P and it has the latest Bios Version R0112N2. BTW I have tried with R0072N2, the bad result did not change.

Default Re: Help needed - Runcore SSD Pro IV 1.8 Zif 32GB not work with Sony VAIO UX

Have you try restore the new system to the RunCore 1.8 ZIF SSD by extern DVD drive? Can it boot from the new sysrem of the RunCore SSD?

Yes, I have tested. The weird thing is if the extern dvd drive is connected, the OS installed in the SSD will be booted instead of Installation dvd in the extern dvd drive.

I made the right setting in BIOS, setting the extern optical drive above intern Harddrive in the boot list and making extern drive bootable.

It seems like the ID/Resource of this SSD overlapping with Optical Drive ...

Does anyone have an idea?

Did you try clear CMOS?

What date was your drive shipped and where from?

Matt

No, I did not clear CMOS yet. Does it help? I am going to have a try...

I have bought it in Shanghai in September.

Ok you may have a drive set to cable select.

Open your SSD's case and check and see if the resistor R49 is in place or not.

Click here for an image of its position.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/317755-post57.html

If it is there then take it out and your drive will work.

Matt

Thread Information