Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 32GB PRO PATA Mini ZIF SSD for Viliv S5 not detected on boot

Default 32GB PRO PATA Mini ZIF SSD for Viliv S5 not detected on boot

Hi Just purchase a RunCore 32GB PRO PATA Mini ZIF SSD for a Viliv S5. Detached current drive and replaced with RunCore. When Viliv boots it does not detect drive. Put back original drive and all is ok. If i plug the RunCore into a PC using supplied usb cable the drive is mounted and i can copy files on and off? Is there something i am missing or is this units ZIF connector faulty? Thanks

Default Re: 32GB PRO PATA Mini ZIF SSD for Viliv S5 not detected on boot

Try flipping the connection.

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean buy flipping the connection as the ribbon cable can only be inserted one way and thatís face down so when inserted its metal to metal. The only thing i could do is rotate the cable 180 degrees which i have done and that does not work. If i have misunderstood please advise. Thanks

Did you try the long cable shipped with the drive? Try orienting the drive so you have to flip the cable over to make it fit. I have not tried a Mini Zif upgrade on that particular computer I did do an upgrade on one with the 1.8" Zif and it works great.

If you don't have any luck please send it back to the vendor for a refund. I wish we had a Viliv S5 with a mini zif to test out.

Any chance you would loan it to use for a week? I could gurantee results.

Matt

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Hi Matt,
    <o:p></o:p>
    Sending you the unit is a possibility. I am waiting for a response from management here to see if they want to try the 1.8 ZIF with the supplier i bought it from. I will mention to them about sending it to you. Whatís your address? In regards to the flipping we are still not sure what you mean as the long cable is straight through with exposed pins only on one side so no matter how you turn flip etc the cable will always need to be the same way?

If your unit can take the 1.8" Zif I would go with that.

You would want to get the 1.8" Pro IV Zif drive it is about 6 times faster than the mini zif drive and goes up to 128GB.

Matt

Thread Information