Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X40 and RunCore Pro IV 1.8 PATA (non ZIF)

Default X40 and RunCore Pro IV 1.8 PATA IDE (non ZIF)

Dear RunCore,

i tried to order this SSD for my Thinkpad X40 as i absolutely want an Indilinx controller. As i spent 2 weeks in Singapore (I am from france), i tried to ordered it through a shop here. They have told me they cannot order it yet cause "the product have some faulty, they can not pass to sale".

I d like to know the problem they are refering about. It is non ZIF (PATA IDE), so cable and master select should not be a problem. Could it be that there is a problem as for the Macbook Air rev A? It seems unlikely to me since some people are runing some jmicron kingspec on X40, while it does not work for MBA rev A.

It seems that you would put another controller inside for the MBA rev A, from SMI. I d like to know which controller will ship in the unit i just ordered for my X40 through your runcore market (again, not the same as for MacBook Air), as it is of vital importance! nobody seems to have ever heard about SMI, let alone have valuable bench (i mean 4K random write number running IOMETER, as i dont trust anything else).

Also, when would it be available ?

Thanks for the answer!

PS: i never see anyone trying this particular SSD (on Thinkpad or others). Can you tell me if someone already tested it? I would be glad to be one of the first to testing it, and post comments on both this forum and forum.thinkpads!
    Last edited by bgxmmx; 09-16-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: adding stuff

Default Re: X40 and RunCore Pro IV 1.8 PATA (non ZIF)

bgxmmx, that is not true the IDE drive works great in the IBM X40 the only drive we are having trouble with now is the MBA Rev A drive.

I got word from our design team last night that the new MBA Rev A drive will be ready next week. Hopefully we can have some actual production units at the end of next week.

Anything with a Pro IV on it comes with the Indilinx controller.

The new MBA Rev A drive will probably be called the Runcore 1.8" Zif Solid State Drive SSD for MacBook Air Revision A.

Matt

Ok, thanks a lot for the precision, i was just worried.

I find your naming scheme very adequate then! Hoping to receive and test the drive soon! Will keep several forum (including this one) informed of my (hopefully very enthousiastic) findings!

I Update my X41T with RunCore PRO IV 1.8PATA(IDE)
    It works well.

great! any bench?
    do you have the error 121 for a HD non recognized?

i should have mine on monday!

Thread Information