Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Runcore 32GB SSD - Hdd password - Dell Mini 9

Default Runcore 32GB SSD - Hdd password - Dell Mini 9

Hi,
    I bought 2 of this SSD with 32Gb and one of them cannot boot because after the dell splash logo he requests the "hdd password", it doest't even let me choose the boot device. I didn't set up any password on it.

I tried to connect that ssd over USB and I can partitionate and format it over Windows XP or with other partition/formating software without any problems, I can even read/write information on it (allways using USB). It's only not working when it's connect over the mini pci express slot.

If I enter on the bios I can change the ssd password or even get rid of it IF I have the "old password" something I dont have!

I've been reading something over the web about hdd password recovery and I think the password its inside the "firmware" of the hdd and not on the storage, so thats why I can access over the usb (maybe...)

Is this defective?
    Is there any default password?
    Is there a way to reset?
    Anyone had this problem?

Thank's for help!

Ricardo Norte.

P.S. I found this image on the internet from someone with the same problem as mine

Default Re: Runcore 32GB SSD - Hdd password - Dell Mini 9

May be you should retrofit ASAP

Default Re: Runcore 32GB SSD - Hdd password - Dell Mini 9

What does that mean?

Thread Information