Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RunCore 32GB Pro IV 2.5" SATA SSD problem

Default RunCore 32GB Pro IV 2.5" SATA SSD problem

I'm not sure if it is a faulty SSD I've got, or a wrong model was given to me, or this is the performance I expect.

I got this while I was in Hong Kong last week, and when I came back home to do a benchmark with Crystal Disk Mark 2.2 last night, I was quite surprised to see the benchmarks to be far lower than what I was expecting.

This morning, I've transferred it to my desktop to verify it is not due to my Acer 1810TZ, and see similar results. Even my WD 640GB can do 90+MB/sec (write) on my desktop.

Seq 120MB/sec (read) 46MB/sec(write)
    512K 141MB/sec (read) 22MB/sec(write)
    4K 17MB/sec (read) 3.4MB/sec(write)

Anyone seeing similar results with their Runcore Pro IV 32GB?

Default Re: RunCore 32GB Pro IV 2.5" SATA SSD problem

sequential write is useless but when you copy your harddrive to another one, that is once.

for everyday use, what is much more important is 4K random, and anormal HDD is around 1MB/s here.
    The SSD is 17 times faster in read and 4 times faster in write, thats in another league.

Also, you have a 32 GB model, which means it have half the channel of bigger model, thus it is twice as slow as bigger model. Anyway, you should still get something way supperior to a HDD

My question is whether the benchmarks I'm getting from the Runcore Pro IV 32GB is normal.

Ok.. I've decided to just go and grab an Intel X25 80GB G2 and put into my laptop.

Immediately, CrystalDiskMark reports benchmarks closer to what I've seen, and 40MB/sec for 4k write.

So either my Pro IV is not working properly, or I was not given a Pro IV by the shop, or the performance of the Pro IV is what I've seen.

Anyone with a Pro IV 32GB can share their benchmarks?

yes, the intel chipset is much faster on 4k write than the indilinx chipset, moreover when you have 10 channels versus 2. The only weak point of intel is sequntial write.

It has nothing to do with Runcore, they shipped you what they claim.
    The fact is, unless you have a old non SATA interface (intel do only SATA), there is no reason not to go for the intel drive as of now.

you have half a indilinx, plus probably 0.34 samsung chips which are known to be slightly slower than the previous generation...

Runcore advrtise 12MB write for the bigger model. you have half the channel, you can go to 6MB, then slower chips, and down to what you see, more or less.

Runcore posted this on their website

32GB, 64GB:
    Read Speed up to 215MB/s
    Write Speed up to 150MB/s

I'm not 1/3 of those write speed in any of my benchmarks, and slightly better than half for the read...

CyberTron - You definitely have the 32GB SATA right, and not the PATA? I have just ordered the PATA one so I can benchmark that when it arrives and post results if that is of any use.

Actually, take a look here for 32GB Runcore IV performance:
    EeeUser Forum / eee 901 with SSD Runcore or Supertalent SATA!

eee2k11 seems to be getting higher write speeds than you are seeing.

check your active UDMA Mode ,If it's 4 or less it won't be a perfect performance .Then you may need to upgrade your BIOS or contact the computer vendor
    Last edited by jeremy917; 11-11-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Anyway, I've pretty given up on the 32GB Runcore I got, given response and support from Runcore is close to non.

It only do like only half the claimed max read speed on their website. If I knew the 32GB performance is half of 64GB, I would have not wasted my money on it.

There is nothing wrong with my setup as the moment I replaced with an Intel SSD, I get the performance I expecting.

BTW, the benchmarks on the eeepc might be bottleneck on the eeepc.
    Last edited by CyberTron; 11-15-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information