Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How best to refresh 256GB SSD?

Default How best to refresh 256GB SSD?

I have been using a Runcore 256GB Pro IV SSD in this Apple Macbook Pro for the past summer running Mac OS X 10.5. I am about to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6.

I have not found any recommendations on the web, so I'm posting here.

How should I best refresh my SSD? I was going to wipe and install Mac OS X 10.6 fresh. What's the best software to use to erase?

Thanks!

Default Re: How best to refresh 256GB SSD?

Quote Originally Posted by SCEkker View Post
    I have been using a Runcore 256GB Pro IV SSD in this Apple Macbook Pro for the past summer running Mac OS X 10.5. I am about to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6.

I have not found any recommendations on the web, so I'm posting here.

How should I best refresh my SSD? I was going to wipe and install Mac OS X 10.6 fresh. What's the best software to use to erase?

Thanks!
    For win i used cleandisk security(for an entire partition-or disk)after format of course.

Quote Originally Posted by buburuza76 View Post
    For win i used cleandisk security(for an entire partition-or disk)after format of course.

I think format under DOS will do the job, if he can attach that SSD to a WIN OS computer.

I found a few related links on the web for Macs.

In the end, I cloned my mac to an external hard drive and used Disc Utility to reformat and then used the 'Erase free space' to write zeros across the board.

I wanted to get running quickly, so I only ran the zeroing step once (which took over 4 hours).

One posting on the web showed that it sometimes took as many as 3 repeat runs to get the SSD back to tip-top shape.

So far, so good.

Thread Information