Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

Default Re: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

Thanks Mr marketing, but as i am in france, custom may be a problem...

I will wait to know the solution you came by first, and try to meet this french guy having toughbook to try it in his computer.

I have 2 owner of X41 confirming the disk is great in their computer, so X41 seems ok.

I also notice the slight difference in form factor, but again, it does not seem any problematic to me (well
    1) the SSD was hard to connect, but it finally worked.. the pin are very slightly bent upward though, you have space to slihtly inclinate the SSD up or down, may be you should try.
    2) the SSD had issue, it might be the cause, but when fully pushed in the computer, it was REALLY hard to take it out, so i guess the pins were well inside the connector).
    Last edited by bgxmmx; 10-09-2009 at 01:42 AM.

by the way, mine had a jumper horizontally put (connecting A-C on tony almeida picture). I took it off and will give the SSD another try now...

edit: same thing, still blue screen when i run diskmark :(.

Matt, you said someone else has the same issue. Is it using the same SSD? is it using the same computer?
    thx!
    Last edited by bgxmmx; 10-09-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Hi serjsen.

could you test more to kno wwhen the problem appeared? did you bench the SSD? again, my problem is very repeatable, it is ALWAYS when i write file/benching sequencial writing on the HD that it fails....

The fact is your is 2.5", so most probably your original HD was 5V already, so it wouldn't be a power consumption (probably)...

dont know if both problems are linked...

Hi

I did a crystaldiskmark on the ssd, with great numbers. Especially on the 4k read. Dont remember the numbers exactly.

I was able to install xp and office. But it seemed random to me when it froze and 15 seconds bsod'ed.

As I mentioned every time I tried to install F-secure antivirus it happened.

I dont know if the problems are related.

Sejrsen

Hi,

I have sent the drive back. I am now waiting for
    problem fix and for the replacement.

Thank everybody for help.

Quote Originally Posted by msun View Post
    Hi,

I have sent the drive back. I am now waiting for
    problem fix and for the replacement.

Thank everybody for help.
    Hi, I bought the same drive as you and I have the same problem. How did you contact RunCore to get the drive returned? I have emailed their customer support and they have not responded.

TIA.

I have the same problem, BSOD on both X40 and T42.
    It is working without problems on a T43. (It is not native PATA but it has an SATA-PATA bridge like X41). Maybe the SATA-PATA-PATA-SATA conversion looses some performance, but it is at least working.

Hi Matt, can you post the way to return the SSD.I ordered it directly from Runcore, and 1 week after my email, i still get no answer. It seems to be exactly as the MAcBook rev A mistake you did, that is, you advertise a drive for a machine you never tested on. Seems to work fine on X41, but we are 5 people with X40 reporting the same problem, and i found noone with an X40 and the drive working....

What is the procedure to return the disk at Runcore expanse?
    Last edited by bgxmmx; 10-13-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wolf View Post
    Hi, I bought the same drive as you and I have the same problem. How did you contact RunCore to get the drive returned? I have emailed their customer support and they have not responded.

TIA.
    I just sent it back.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by msun View Post
    I just sent it back.

Regards,
    No RMA number or anything? You just sent it back to the facility from which it came?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information