Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

Default Re: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wolf View Post
    No RMA number or anything? You just sent it back to the facility from which it came?
    Of course, I included a letter with reference to Matt's article, reference to order and send it back to the originator address.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by msun View Post
    Of course, I included a letter with reference to Matt's article, reference to order and send it back to the originator address.

Regards,
    Thanks for the responses. I suppose I will do the same. Do tell how it goes for you!

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with a 32GB RunCore Pro IV PATA in an X40. Disk cloning worked fine, XP boots fast, works great just reading, but any attempt to write more than a few MB causes the disk to freeze (activity light is stuck on), followed after a few seconds by a blue screen, usually STOP 0x0000000A.

I hope mydigitaldiscount will accept a return without hassles.

I have to chime in here also. I'm having a similiar issue on a compaq v2000. Couldn't figure it out till now. I couldn't install win 7 , it would hang during install. I was able to install win xp but as the OP mentioned any large amount of sequential writes and the computer hangs. It has actual caused corruption at one point and wasn't able to boot.

Is there any word on how this is being fixed? Is there any chance that there will be new firmare that can be flashed by the end user?

Talking Re: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

I have tested that X41/X40's power supply is 3.3V. The HDD size is 1.8PATA. So must use the 3.3V version of runcore SSD. I am using one for X41 for two month. it works well.
    T43 is 5V power supply, but it's 2.5inch PATA.
    Good Luck!

I would be happy if Matt of runcore can tell us what to do!

it is clear the disk was advertised for X40, and it is clear they never tested it in an X40, else they would have seen the problem!!!

So it is as the MacBook Air Rev A, lets wait for them to make a new revision they will test this time, and they will send us way how to return our SSD to them, since i do not see how a firmware could change the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DDUP View Post
    I have tested that X41/X40's power supply is 3.3V. The HDD size is 1.8PATA. So must use the 3.3V version of runcore SSD. I am using one for X41 for two month. it works well.
    T43 is 5V power supply, but it's 2.5inch PATA.
    Good Luck!

DDUP, we know the disk works well in a X41, several ppl reported it, and nobody complained.

On the other hand, everybody complained on X40, and nobody have a stable machine...

Quote Originally Posted by msun View Post

Regards,
    RunCore's had my drive for a week now and so far no response. What's happened in your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wolf View Post
    RunCore's had my drive for a week now and so far no response. What's happened in your case?
    Same.

Regards,

Almost 1 month you are aware of the problem. And you gave us NO INFORMATION at all.

some ppl send you the SSD back, and nobody answer them.

No post on what you are doing to try to circumvent th eproblem.... can you give us information? that would be the least to do!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information