Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

Smile Re: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

I received the replaced 32G SSD today, 3.3v is written on the disk back. P/N is 20073200. I just installed Windows XP in my X40 and no blue screen this time. Drivers and some application software run normally. No problems found so far.

Will report if find new issues.

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Re: Brand new Runcore IV + X40 = Blue Screen

I've been following this thread and am interested in upgrading my X40 with a RCP-IV-P1828-C but was wondering if it is now safe to order off of www.runcorestore.com and receive the updated 3.3V model or are they still burning through the stock of 5V drives?

Quote Originally Posted by thunberg View Post
    I've been following this thread and am interested in upgrading my X40 with a RCP-IV-P1828-C but was wondering if it is now safe to order off of www.runcorestore.com and receive the updated 3.3V model or are they still burning through the stock of 5V drives?
    After upgrading to fw 1916 on Windows 7 I am still experiencing
    problems described in the thread "Blue screen with Runcore SSD 128G Pro IV ZIF 1.8". I suppose WinXP is working OK.

Regards,

Any update on this? I'd definitely like to buy one but just want to make sure I'd be getting the latest revision.

If you account for purchasing a SSD for X40, the driver you get will be 3.3V and with the last firmware version 1916.

So I just happened upon this thread yesterday. I bought one of these drives from MyDigitalDiscount.com back in October to replace the original 1.8" drive in an X41 tablet that was slowly dying.

Short story: Faculty member gave the tablet to me about 3 weeks ago, and drive seemed okay (because I tested it with the little USB board it came with, which supplies 5v) but tablet remained intermittent. I was just about to blame the tablet itself (it's old and this user isn't gentle) when I found this thread and it seems our issues are because this is the 5V version of the drive.

How do I proceed? I can't imagine MyDigitalDiscount would want to deal with this, but RunCore told me this drive was for X41 machines, and it's apparent that wasn't quite the case.

Thanks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information