Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: delayed order

Default delayed order

hello,

i order a RCP-IV-P2564-C (V4 pata 64Gb) model from SSC (solid state central) on 16 september.
    after the payment, they told me to wait until the 5th october to be refurnished by runcore.
    and today i am said that runcore did not provide this model, and so i need to wait again for the next shipping from runcore.

my question : when can i expect to receive my ssd ?

regards

Michel

Default Re: delayed order

it seems to be the same as mine. Do you have an IBM thinkpad X4x ?

i ordered mine 1 day before you and received it on the 5th, but unfortunately, it had problem.... so you may be sad, but may be you ll get a working SSD later instead of an unstable one now :). Not a bad deal ;).

in fact, it is for my panasonic cf-18 toughbook. When i ride with it on my bike (off-road), the current disk can't bear the vibrations and stops to prevent being damaged.
    so, i wanted to try with a ssd (no vibration probleme i suppose)

i have no real performance needs about that "replacement".
    but, yes, i prefer it to be functionnal when it arrives (if i got it someday...)

that the purpose of my post : if i can't receive within a reasonable time, i prefer unorder it and take another one.

for toughbook, you would probably have no problem, as the problem appears to be with X40... well, you have to be patient with runcore.. they do the fastest SSD in this form factor, but you have to pay for it with time... didnt you live for a very long time with your HD already?

i bought a used toughbook in september ;-)
    => so far, i utilize it once : and i can't say it was a success (impossible to ride in harsh/rough field without the HD self-shutting down)
    => so, i am "desperatly" waiting for this ssd to see the potential of the toughbook

PS: sorry for my english, i am french

The Pata 2.5" does work in that computer Brett from WWW.Conics.Net -=- Shipping Japan's BEST since 2001 ! ((( conics ))) tried it.

Some of those drives will be ready to ship out of Runcore on the 12th. I will check Solid State Centrals orders to make sure it is in there.

Matt

sounds great to me !
    i think i can wait a little longer then.
    thanks for your reply Matt

dural, i am in france, and i have this SSD which does not work in my machine... may be we can work somethign out.

I am in rennes, and often in paris, nantes and bordeaux... la poste marche aussi :). Meeting would be better to try it out though...

PM for more...

Dural,

We will ship your drive as soon as the stock arrives from RunCore.

If you have any issues with your order please contact us directly (do not monitor this forum continuously): support@solidstatecentral.com.au .

Thank you

Ross,
    SSC

finally, i got my drive on saturday.
    it works but it was not easy...
    1. i do not have internet at home and the acronis cloning software need an online-activation :-(
    2. my laptop (panasonic toughbook cf-18) doesn't have floppy or optical drive

so after some hours of test, i got to install winxp using an bootable usb key

Thread Information