Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Runcore IV standby/hibernate problem (not with Runcore 3)

Default Re: Runcore IV standby/hibernate problem (not with Runcore 3)

GOOD NEWS!

i finally fixed the problem!

i found an illegal confidential runcore firmware update from 15xx to 1819 and it fixed the standby problem for asus pc eee 901

i only now have problems with the speed!

it dropped from 125mb/sec to 70mb/s for random read, and 55mb/s to 8mb/s for the random writes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the speed sucks, this has something to do with ssd maintainance / trim command, can runcore please fix this and post firmware updates!

I received my new 32GB ssd a few days ago. The firmwre is 1819. I test it on my 901.
    It's great! It can reach more than 120/60 MB/s for random read/write.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbdakri View Post
    GOOD NEWS!

i found an illegal confidential runcore firmware update from 15xx to 1819 and it fixed the standby problem for asus pc eee 901

it dropped from 125mb/sec to 70mb/s for random read, and 55mb/s to 8mb/s for the random writes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the speed sucks, this has something to do with ssd maintainance / trim command, can runcore please fix this and post firmware updates!
    May be you can try the Wiper to slove it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbdakri View Post
    GOOD NEWS!

The firmware 1819 is a little descend than 1571 in Read/Write speed. But not so much.
    The Asus Eee PC 901 has the SATA1.0 interface, the RunCore S70 support to SATA2.0, so the FW1819 would not reflect descend in Read/Write speed on 901.

Can runcore please send me firmware 1916 for RCP-IV-S7032-C (indilix, 8pcs samsung m-die ssd), i need the new automatic garbage collection to restore my speed as it went down completely.

webmasters@skynet.be

i already did an upgrade from 15xx to 1819 (to fix xp sleep problems)

You can restore your lost performance without needing to update to GC FW. As long as the machine the drive is installed in will let you boot from USB and run HDDErase from DOS, you'll be fine.

Simply run Windows 7/Vista setup, choose Repair, then Command prompt. Now type "diskpart" [Enter] > "List Disk" [Enter], now note the number assigned to the SSD. Eg if the disk is called "Disk 1" now type "Select disk 1" [Enter] > "clean" [Enter]. This will wipe all partition info and prime the drive ready for a secure erase.

Now boot from USB using a DOS/Win98 boot disk (files available through a google search) and run HDDErase (I use Version 3.3) choosing option 1, standard secure erase. As soon as this completes (~10 seconds) your drive is factory fresh and will operate at full speed.

It's common even from other Indilinx drive suppliers (ie OCZ) that a secure erase is needed followed by a fresh Win 7 install before TRIM kicks in. This is too do with the Windows Drive Volume Bitmap and problems refreshing/updating it meaning TRIM can not be passed as the drive doesn't get told what needs TRIMming. A simple update to a beefed up Garbage collection FW (ALL FW has GC, it's just set more aggressive on the latest FW) probably isn't going to restore as much performance as you'd like if the drive is as far gone as you say, and I'm sure it is.

Either way, I'll bet Runcore won't send you the 1916 FW, they can't even place wiper on their website... very slack IMO.

Also be cautious with this latest FW addition. The last time Aggressive GC was implemented at the same time as TRIM, (OCZ beta 1.4 and 1.41 Vertex FW) it resulted in massive data loss for many people due to GC chewing up valid data...
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information