Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Runcore Pro IV PATA 32GB Hanging Issues

Default Re: Runcore Pro IV PATA 32GB Hanging Issues

Thank you nando4 I will try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by bnevets27 View Post
    update.

I tried this drive in another laptop and still wasn't able to install Win 7. On to the 3rd computer (desktop this time). I was able to install Win 7 without any issues what so ever. Uninstalled the drivers installed for the desktop. Moved the drive to the laptop and it booted and found the drivers without issue. Great......

But I still have the same issues I did in win XP with freezing. Unfortunately it seems to be quite random. Though it does seem to happen more with disk access. But it can freeze in under 5 mins from boot. If there is a program that could do a better analyze then I might be able to narrow down the problem.

To RunCore:

I also have no option for AHCI mode in bios. I have almost no options in bios. The problem I see is with older computers. Which will most likely not have any AHCI support. So having the new firmware with better AHCI support won't help.

More then likely (almost for certain) anyone who buys a PATA SSD is going to be putting it in an older laptop to get a speed boost. I would suggest working on supporting older hardware for the PATA version as that's where it is going to be used.

This issue is quite irritating. I'm working on this for a friend. She uses this laptop for school and I can't give it back to her if its going to randomly freeze. Not going to be good if it happens in the middle of writing a paper.

Any idea on what I can do? Is there an idea on what you are doing to resolve this? Is there anything in the new firmware that might fix this? Clearly better AHCI support won't.

EDIT:
    Incase your wondering I'm running in UDMA mode 2.
    Your SSD is RCP-IV-P25XX-C ?

Please give me your PN of RunCore SSD, I help check you the SSD version. Your problems has been solved in the new version.

RCP-IV-P2532-C, Correct.

RCP-IV-P2532-C, Correct.

Find the PN code on the back of the RunCore SSD. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

PN:06003200
    Sorry

PN:06003200
    Sorry
    It's a prior version, you can contact your agency for an RMA.

This drive IS an RMA. I just got it 3 days ago. RMA'ing the drive again isn't really an option. Unless RunCore is willing to pay for the shipping. I have already had to pay for shipping for the first RMA'ed drive.

Is the fix just a firmware upgrade or something more? If its just firmware is it possible for me to update it?

The problem with having to RMA a second drive could have been avoided if I had got a response to my original post which is over a month old.

I even voiced my concern about this in my original post:

"The place I purcahsed it from already agreed to replace it but i'm worried that the next one I will received will have the same problems."

Chenk your firmware version first, If it is 1571, I would send you a progarm to update to 1819 to see whether the issues is exist as before.
    If it has been 1819, I think it only the new version P25 can solve the problems.

My firmware is 1571.

Sent you a PM with my email

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information