Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Runcore Pro IV PATA 32GB Hanging Issues

Default Re: Runcore Pro IV PATA 32GB Hanging Issues

Thanks for the suggestions Nando4. However, the Sony Vaio P is a netbook and doesn't have any optical drive.

Also, as for the 33MHz/66Mhz channel issue, my tests with CrystalDisk have shown my drive is running on par with the average Vaio P with this Runcore SSD. That is around 85mbps read, 50mbps write.

I'd like to chime in on this one since I have almost identical problems.

I ordered a 64gb pata zif runcore about a month ago. I installed Windows 7 without a hitch on a Dell Latitude XT tablet. I got no random freezes or crashes installing programs, windows updates whatsoever. However almost exactly a week later, the SSD failed. System no longer detected a disk. I plugged it into the external usb caddy and my desktop could not see the drive either. So I ended up RMA'ing the drive hoping it was just a fluke.

Flashforward about 2 weeks later and I get the new drive last night. I try to install Windows 7 again and when I get to format the drive in the installation it freezes. The hdd indicator light is lit up and I can't do anything. I hard reboot, try again. Same thing. So I end up taking it out putting it into the usb enclosure, plug it into my desktop and run disk managment. It lets me quick format without a problem. I put it back into the laptop and now windows 7 installs.

I think i'm home free, but trying to install programs, and/or running windows updates, I get random lockups. I have to hard reboot to get back into the system. I never had this problem before on the previous runcore drive I had.

This replacement runcore is running the new 1819 firmware. I'm not sure what firmware the last runcore I had was using.

I just contact MDD again today to see what they can do for me. I might just end up returning it altogether seeing I'm not having much luck with their SSDs.

I hear ya with the problems. I just gave up as the Runcore just didn't have the stability I need in my systems. Called MDD and got a RMA number. Luckily they said that refunds for Runcore within 14 days are not subject to the restocking fee. However, you're still paying for the shipping to return it.

Good luck guys! Runcore was my first venture into SSD's. Gotta admit, I'm very disappointed and jaded by this experience. Gonna get nothing but tier 1 brands from now on...

Quote Originally Posted by laozx View Post
    I'd like to chime in on this one since I have almost identical problems.

I ordered a 64gb pata zif runcore about a month ago. I installed Windows 7 without a hitch on a Dell Latitude XT tablet. I got no random freezes or crashes installing programs, windows updates whatsoever. However almost exactly a week later, the SSD failed. System no longer detected a disk. I plugged it into the external usb caddy and my desktop could not see the drive either. So I ended up RMA'ing the drive hoping it was just a fluke.

Flashforward about 2 weeks later and I get the new drive last night. I try to install Windows 7 again and when I get to format the drive in the installation it freezes. The hdd indicator light is lit up and I can't do anything. I hard reboot, try again. Same thing. So I end up taking it out putting it into the usb enclosure, plug it into my desktop and run disk managment. It lets me quick format without a problem. I put it back into the laptop and now windows 7 installs.

I think i'm home free, but trying to install programs, and/or running windows updates, I get random lockups. I have to hard reboot to get back into the system. I never had this problem before on the previous runcore drive I had.

This replacement runcore is running the new 1819 firmware. I'm not sure what firmware the last runcore I had was using.

I just contact MDD again today to see what they can do for me. I might just end up returning it altogether seeing I'm not having much luck with their SSDs.
    i do have a 1819 firmware model as well and the same problems. Windows 7 setup could not install and random lockups....

"Maybe" a new firmware (the 1848? or whatever) will fix the lock up problem.

I might be willing to wait around on this drive to see if a firmware fixes the issue. But if this drive dies again within a week maybe even a month or two, I think i'll be done with Runcore or any ssd for now.

seing that even 1819 isn't available for most of their drives i actually don't think that we might get 1848 soon

Although it would be great because i don't want to return that drive as it's really fast

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore View Post
    Chenk your firmware version first, If it is 1571, I would send you a progarm to update to 1819 to see whether the issues is exist as before.
    If it has been 1819, I think it only the new version P25 can solve the problems.
    So now that I have tried the newer firmware and it has not helped, the only option I have now is to RMA for a second time and hope the new version of the P25 will solve these issues? I'm not even sure the place I got the drive from has any newer version, as the first drive I received and the RMA drive are the same version. On top of that I would not even know what the part number of the newer versions is, all the info here is useless (ie. P25XX)

Who can I talk directly about getting a RMA directly from RunCore?

For almost 2 months now all I have had is a expensive light paper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by bnevets27 View Post
    So now that I have tried the newer firmware and it has not helped, the only option I have now is to RMA for a second time and hope the new version of the P25 will solve these issues? I'm not even sure the place I got the drive from has any newer version, as the first drive I received and the RMA drive are the same version. On top of that I would not even know what the part number of the newer versions is, all the info here is useless (ie. P25XX)

After my second runcore was having problems freezing when trying to install programs. I was hoping that a firmware update will fix these problems too, but I just don't want to chance it, too much downtime on my laptop.

I contacted MDD and they offered to ship me out a new drive or get a full refund. I opted for the full refund. I will probably wait until ssd's become more mainstream to switch over to them again. Too many little problems right now.

In the end MDD provided really good customer service to me.

good luck with your RMA!

Quote Originally Posted by bnevets27 View Post

Anyone from Runcore care to respond? I see Runcore, Runcore tech support, and runcore marketing have been active again in the past couple days.

Unfortunately I did not get my drive from MDD, I don`t remember coming across it at the time I was looking to buy it.

An Email has already been sent to runcore, but of course have not received a response.

At present, the 1.8" ZIF SSD has the matter with the installation of Windows 7 on some type of model.
    These issues we have received. We are trying to solve.

Now the 1881 firmware is in testing stages.

We will pay more attentions to the problems from customers.
    Last edited by RunCore Tech_Support; 12-15-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information