Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Runcore 64GB SSD - brand new drive has HDD Password

Exclamation Runcore 64GB SSD - brand new drive has HDD Password

Just bought a brand new Runcore 64GB SSD drive, and added it to my Dell Vostro A90. Right on boot up, the drive is noting a HDD password.

The original drive in the netbook has no password set, and the BIOS clearly show one is set on the new drive.

Seeing as I've seen a few similar posts in these forums, I'm wondering if there is a master HDD password (I work for a computer vendor, and we see this sometimes, there's usually a master password provided by the manuf. for clearing this) that will clear this off?

I just received the drive yesterday. Is there any way to resolve this outside of telling the retailer to (hopefully) replace the drive?

Let me know if you need any information i.e. serial #, a batch code, etc.

Thanks in advance!

FYI, already looked at the suggestions in this thread - neither of the password recommendations had any effect, unfortunately:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/ente...sd-pata-35170/

Default Re: Runcore 64GB SSD - brand new drive has HDD Password

I'm having the same problem except it ran good for 5 days then blue screened now it wants a password.

What password????

does nanyone know

Please help

Guys, this usually means the Firmware has been destroyed somehow. You will have to send those drives back for repair.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Matt

Thats the ATA Lock Feature. Some malware/viruses can put this command in place if the bios is not set to disable setting of ATA Password. Unfortunatelly not all BIOS(es?) offer this feature.

Thread Information