Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

View Poll Results: What do you think of Runcore Pro IV 1.8 zif ssd's in netbooks?

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Usuall do not work in a netbook

0 0%
  • Always work

3 75.00%
  • Work usually well, but with special cables

1 25.00%
  • Need firmware update in order to work

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 64GB pro IV zif 1.8 won't work on Intel Classmate Convertible

Default Re: 64GB pro IV zif 1.8 won't work on Intel Classmate Convertible

hehe it will not affect the warranty. I would not suggest doing anything like that normally but this is not a very hard task and it will save both Runcore and abatis some time and money. I just hope that is the problem.

Matt
    Last edited by Runcore Marketing; 11-11-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Hi,
    I'm Sorry for my PC skill.

Use USB is OK. Check you whether connect the Pin-1 of RunCore 1.8 ZIF SSD to the Pin-1 of the cable first.

If still can't be recognized in BIOS, maybe other faults.

Smile Re: 64GB pro IV zif 1.8 won't work on Intel Classmate Convertible

make sure the way to do jiust like CC101 If still can't be recognized please ontact agent to change or repair your SSD

Ok it has been confirmed by our production record. You have an older SSD that is set to Cable Select. If you take that resistor off you should be all set.

If you don't want to do that then we will take it back and fix it for you.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore

Thank you all for the help! You are wonderful!

I followed the instructions by CC101 and the ssd appeared in my bios!The Classmate zif socket appears to have a "cross-over" arrangement, as I had to place the zif cable of the netbook upside down, unlike the runcore instructions suggested. No cable bundled by runcore would solve the problem. Only my original cable would do the job placed upside down, the same way as my original hdd was placed. I should have imagined it in the first place. Thanks CC101!!!

So, the problem about the bios was finally not the cable select resistor of the ssd. By the way, my ssd cirquit looks different than the picture you pointed me to. The R49 position (and other resistors' too) is totally different. (The ssd looks exactly like CC101's, only that it is 64gb.)

Which brings us to a new, outrageous problem!

After I installed windows from scratch, sometimes it would freeze unexpectedly in the middle of doing something, no matter what (internet browsing, etc). No Ctrl-Alt-Delete would do any good. Ice-frozen! Only hard reboot would do. The problem disappeared inexplicably after some consequitive reboots, where the boot sequence would persistently freeze after the diagnostics, just before entering windows, although the ssd still appeared in the bios.

Then, I reinstalled an image of my previous windows system. Windows didn't seem to freeze anymore, but the boot freezing still occured sometimes. I am still testing the new installation, for the time being.

Now, would that be due to the cable select setting? Can it cause a windows system to freeze after it already has normally started? Or cause the pc to freeze after the diagnostics, before the windows welcome screen appears? Or do you have any other ideas?

I must say that I thank Runcore for their willingness to send me a new ssd, in exchange for the old one, but I am in a hurry. I have already lost very much time and effort in trying to make my netbook work with the runcore ssd, but let's say that this was mostly my fault. But now the problem seems to persist in a different form. This time it doesn't look like my fault. If I return the ssd in exchange for a newer one, what makes me believe that the problem will be solved?

I am in a dilemma, here. Should I risk wasting more time trying yet another Runcore ssd, which will come after who knows how long, or should I opt for the perfectly safe and faster but more expensive solution of mtron mobi 3000, which I can immediately purchase? And would Runcore convince Fedtic to refund me in that case?

I feel I am going to lose some good money in the end... Help, please!

Hey abatris, good to hear you are getting somewhere.

Could you try downloading wiper.exe and running it to see if that helps.

You can download it here. (Right click link and "save link as".)

There's plenty of discussion on this forum, including my thread here, as well as elsewhere if you want to know more about it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by MattEee; 11-14-2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Bad link

abatris, I am virtually 100% sure you will be all set if you send it in for a newer model and it will not take very long at all. Where are you located so I can tell you where to send it to get the fastest turn around time?

Matt

Unhappy Re: 64GB pro IV zif 1.8 won't work on Intel Classmate Convertible

Dear Matt,

I am now set and working with the ssd in my netbook, experiencing rather slow (for a ssd) performance and occasional freezings. I really don't feel comfortable to stop testing and working, go through the lengthy and damaging process of re-imaging and reinstalling the hdd, and wait for another delivery only to go through the process once again with the new ssd. So, would you be so kind to send me the new model ssd as soon as possible, and then I'll send you the faulty one back?

One more thing. I am located in Greece, European Union. It is quite expensive to send registered traceable parcel mail abroad (over 40 euro to EU, 60-80 elsewhere). If you are willing to accept the risk, I will send the ssd via normal registered mail. Otherwise, it's not worth the trouble. I'll stay with the ssd, either as main drive or as usb drive. Expensive and disappointing choice, yes, but not as outrageously expensive as sending traceable mail. Unless you are so kind to send me a bigger drive. In that case the traceable mail cost will be worth the trouble.

Thank you for your kind and prompt help and your understanding!
    abatris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information