Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RunCore Pro IV 2.5" PATA IDE Solid State Drive SSD

Default RunCore Pro IV 2.5" PATA IDE Solid State Drive SSD

Hi,
    It says on the site that "RunCore Pro IV 2.5" PATA IDE Solid State Drive SSD" will be available in 2-3 weeks but I'd like to know a few things on this product before I place my order...

1. How much cache would the 32GB models have?

2. I assume it will fit into any laptop that had a 2.5" IDE HDD but I want to be sure.

3. I notice the read/write values are much lower than the SATA or higher end models. Is this because of the IDE bandwidth limits or are they made with slower flash chips? Will I still notice a big difference from the 4200RPM disk I have now? I'm asking because we will order 1 to test and if it makes a big difference we will order 20 or so to recycle our older laptops.

Thanks.

Default Re: RunCore Pro IV 2.5" PATA IDE Solid State Drive SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Slicster View Post
    Hi,
    It says on the site that "RunCore Pro IV 2.5" PATA IDE Solid State Drive SSD" will be available in 2-3 weeks but I'd like to know a few things on this product before I place my order...

1. How much cache would the 32GB models have?

2. I assume it will fit into any laptop that had a 2.5" IDE HDD but I want to be sure.

3. I notice the read/write values are much lower than the SATA or higher end models. Is this because of the IDE bandwidth limits or are they made with slower flash chips? Will I still notice a big difference from the 4200RPM disk I have now? I'm asking because we will order 1 to test and if it makes a big difference we will order 20 or so to recycle our older laptops.

Thanks.
    answer:
    1. 64M
    2. yes
    3. Theoretically, IDE hd data transfer using a PATA model the speed of PATA much slower than SATA

Thread Information