Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RunCore Pro IV and Acer Aspire One D250 problems

Default RunCore Pro IV and Acer Aspire One D250 problems

Hello,

Is anyone having problems with RunCore Pro IV 32 GB and Acer Aspire One D250-OBK?

The drive worked without any problems in my MSI Wind. But when moving it to my AOD I get following problems:

1) Windows 7 Setup did not detect the drive, but it did on the similar MSI Wind. BIOS detects the RunCore drive. The stock drive is found by setup.

I worked around it by installing Windows on stock drive and the clone it with Acronis to RunCore Drive. Computer booted Windows.

2) Several times per week the computer seems to "loose" the drive and causing a BSOD (inaccessible boot device). When restarting from BSOD the drive is NOT detected by BIOS, I have to power off and power it back on again for the drive to be detected in BIOS.

These problems did not happen with RunCore on my MSI Wind. Nor did these problems occur on AOD250 running stock drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Default Re: RunCore Pro IV and Acer Aspire One D250 problems

Quote Originally Posted by lefty44 View Post
    Hello,

Is anyone having problems with RunCore Pro IV 32 GB and Acer Aspire One D250-OBK?

The drive worked without any problems in my MSI Wind. But when moving it to my AOD I get following problems:

1) Windows 7 Setup did not detect the drive, but it did on the similar MSI Wind. BIOS detects the RunCore drive. The stock drive is found by setup.

I worked around it by installing Windows on stock drive and the clone it with Acronis to RunCore Drive. Computer booted Windows.

2) Several times per week the computer seems to "loose" the drive and causing a BSOD (inaccessible boot device). When restarting from BSOD the drive is NOT detected by BIOS, I have to power off and power it back on again for the drive to be detected in BIOS.

These problems did not happen with RunCore on my MSI Wind. Nor did these problems occur on AOD250 running stock drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1.turn off the AHCI in bios(use IDE mode ) and try it again
    2. cable connections may be bad, change cable and try it agin

Default Re: RunCore Pro IV and Acer Aspire One D250 problems

Hello,

Thank you for your answer!

I did test change to IDE mode in BIOS. All the steps I did regarding disk not detected by windows setup are documented in this thread:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/runc...od-d250-34511/

What cable to you refer to? I'm using a netbook.

Thanks

Thread Information