Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which firmware version will be released and when ???

Default Re: Which firmware version will be released and when ???

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore View Post
    Send a email of product names and the PN code of every SSD in your hands to rd@runcore.com, our Tech Support will send you the new FW.
    So does this mean the firmware update for the pro IV is stable now? Why not deliver it.

I wonder why you don't state precise information when the update will be available and where we can stay up-to-date.

I can live with a waiting time if I just know whats going on. You may want to reconsider your information policy.

Quote Originally Posted by hippocratesnoah View Post
    So does this mean the firmware update for the pro IV is stable now? Why not deliver it.

I wonder why you don't state precise information when the update will be available and where we can stay up-to-date.

I can live with a waiting time if I just know whats going on. You may want to reconsider your information policy.
    The current firmware is 1819, there will be a more stable firmware. Pls patient to wait for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cc101 View Post
    The current firmware is 1819, there will be a more stable firmware. Pls patient to wait for a few weeks.
    @cc101 We have read here on the forum discussion where Matt tells people they have to send back their ssd for a firmware upgrade. Will this also be the case with upgrading the 1819 fw to the new more stable firmware ?

Regards,

René

Quote Originally Posted by rmjanzen View Post
    @cc101 We have read here on the forum discussion where Matt tells people they have to send back their ssd for a firmware upgrade. Will this also be the case with upgrading the 1819 fw to the new more stable firmware ?

Regards,

René
    This group of SSDs were sent back for FW1819 update. The new firmware haven't passed test completely. There is still some time away from release.

Quote Originally Posted by cc101 View Post
    This group of SSDs were sent back for FW1819 update. The new firmware haven't passed test completely. There is still some time away from release.
    I understand that, but what i would want to know is the following. If i buy a 128gb zif ssd now for my 2710p, it would ship with the fw1819... Right ??? If the new firmware come out... can you tell me if i would be able to upgrade it myself or would the ssd have to be send back to runcore ?

You can do the update yourself, very easy. I got the newer firmware from runcore but only for my drive. Didn't help me anyway. But from the looks of things I would be more concerned about revisions then firmware. Firmware you can do yourself when you get it but if they make physical changes to the drive then you will have to send it back.

Not really sure why you would have to ship a drive back for a firmware update. So I not sure I believe cc101 about that. Sounds to me like the drives had problems that couldn't be fixed with firmware. Which is why I have to ship mine back.

how do i get the firmware? i emailed runcore but got no response.

Quote Originally Posted by melvsee View Post
    how do i get the firmware? i emailed runcore but got no response.
    There is a "M-Die" 1819 firmware, but not a "D-Die" 1819 firmware. That is, if your samsung flash has a M on the end, there is a firmware available for it. My understanding is Runcore is working on the full set of firmware for the various flavours of flash they use and will release it as a complete package.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore View Post
    Send a email of product names and the PN code of every SSD in your hands to rd@runcore.com, our Tech Support will send you the new FW.
    Cummon man, cut the bullcrap, put up a download link for the damned firmware and how to do the damned update

It's bad when emails are NOT REPLIED TO!!! take that out of the equation, give us the info directly...

whats the need for silly secrecy?

Do you wanna drop right out of the Top-10 list? It will happen!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information