Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which firmware version will be released and when ???

Default Which firmware version will be released and when ???

Hi there,

I have read several messages about a new firmware coming out for the indilinx based ssd's. Can anybody from Runcore help me with these questions ?

Where it start tot get a bit weird for me is when i see statements that the firmware version runcore is looking at is the firmware of indilinx that is still in a beta phase. The version number i have heard for this firmware is 1819. However this firmware is already out of beta since october, and Matt is talking about a firmware version which is still in beta at indilinx. Are you guys than talking about the fw with versionnumber 1848 (may change) that is expected to be final in december which will correct different issues in the unstable 1818 firmware ?? (see Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion - View Single Post - SSD Thread (Benchmarks, Brands, News, and Advice) )

As somehow it is not possible to update to the latest firmware without performance issues (btw isn't this a 1818 firmware issue which is corrected in the 1848 ?) :

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/macb...tml#post332902

, can you tell us if it will be possible to update ssd's shipped today with a new firmware ? And which firmware is on the ssd's out in stores today ?

Regards,

René
    Last edited by rmjanzen; 11-22-2009 at 04:41 PM.

Default Re: Which firmware version will be released and when ???

anyone from runcore able to answer ?

wondering the same thing. I work for a company that...well, we could wind up moving 100's if not 1000's of the 32GB IV drive if they would just friggen respond to my e-mail and provide some info (good or bad) on the firmware update.

The issue we encountered with the current firmware is that, when running XP, if you recover from Standby, the system blue screens and reboots. I also encountered this with a 2.5" Supertalent UltraDrive ME (Indilix based) with v1517 firmware. When they supplied me the 1819 firmware, the issue when away. Problem is that the 2.5" drive only works for one of our products, the other requires 1.8"

My company is looking for a 1.8" SATA SSD that is ideally low cost and high performance....and the 32GB version at ~$140 completely fits the bill (if we could just get the 1819 or later firmware!!!)

The firmware of all our Pro IV products now are 1819.

Firmware will always be growing more stable and has a better performance. The firmware of our earlier products are 1571, now are 1819, one or two months later there will be 1840 or any others. So we will offer the update programs to help upgrade the SSD in the hands of customers.

Now parts of the products can be upgraded sucessfully.

Is the firmware update utility available for download yet?

Thanks

Also, if a firmware update utility is not available, is there a specific date code that the r1819 firmware would be present in?

For example, I need to get 5-10 drives in my hands by Tuesday. These drives NEED to have r1819, due to my above mentioned issues. If there is a date code that has the update, I would like to be able to ask the vendor confirm that what they are shipping has r1819.

Please let me know if there is any information you can share.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by redly1 View Post
    Also, if a firmware update utility is not available, is there a specific date code that the r1819 firmware would be present in?

For example, I need to get 5-10 drives in my hands by Tuesday. These drives NEED to have r1819, due to my above mentioned issues. If there is a date code that has the update, I would like to be able to ask the vendor confirm that what they are shipping has r1819.

Please let me know if there is any information you can share.

Thanks!
    Send a email of product names and the PN code of every SSD in your hands to rd@runcore.com, our Tech Support will send you the new FW.

Hi,

because there is a lot of discussion for a new firmware...

will this firmware update also be available for "older" models?

I have a RunCore Pro 70mm PCI-e SATA II Solid State Drive SSD (RCP-I-S7016-C) and it will be nice to have a new firmare also on this ssd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore View Post
    Send a email of product names and the PN code of every SSD in your hands to rd@runcore.com, our Tech Support will send you the new FW.

Why not just make them available for download ?

Quote Originally Posted by cschnberg View Post
    Hi,

because there is a lot of discussion for a new firmware...

will this firmware update also be available for "older" models?

I have a RunCore Pro 70mm PCI-e SATA II Solid State Drive SSD (RCP-I-S7016-C) and it will be nice to have a new firmare also on this ssd.

Thanks
    The update just fit RunCore PRO IV Product.The PRO I product has a stable performance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information