Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows 7 and Runcore Pro IV 128G

Default Windows 7 and Runcore Pro IV 128G

I have purchased a Runccore Pro IV 128G 1.8 PATA amd I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 x64 on an HP 2710p laptop. However, Windows 7 says it can't format the SSD and wants me to put a CD in with a mass storage driver.

How do I obtain a Windows 7 x64 mass storage driver for the Runcore SSD?

Default Re: Windows 7 and Runcore Pro IV 128G

Hmmm. I did that about three weeks ago and had no problems; however, my SSD had been previously formatted and was used as my Vista SP2 boot volume. Is the SSD being recognized as a disk in Device Manager? There's more info about this disk in a 2710p in the thread:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/expe...p-2710p-34364/

i got a new 128GB Pro IV as well and Windows 7 setup is not able to format the SSD where everything else does not seem to have problems formating that thing.

Firmware is 1819, PN14092800.

Device is Sony TZ31.

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
    I have purchased a Runccore Pro IV 128G 1.8 PATA amd I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 x64 on an HP 2710p laptop. However, Windows 7 says it can't format the SSD and wants me to put a CD in with a mass storage driver.

How do I obtain a Windows 7 x64 mass storage driver for the Runcore SSD?
    I looked at the Win7/64 drivers that my 2710p is using to manage my Runcore 128GB PATA, and here's what I found:

Disk is identified by the OS as: RunCore 128G-C SSD ATA Device

Drivers being used are:

1. disk.sys and partmgr.sys <==both are version 6.1.7600.16385 from Win7_RTM.090713-1235
    2. hpdskfh.sys <==version 4.0.2.1 from Hewlett-Packard

I don't know how to determine the firmware version of my SSD. I received it in late August, 2009.

Hope this helps...

I managed to solve the formatting problem. I have formatted my Runcore SSD by running the setup from a Windows XP CD and interrupting the setup when the formatting was complete. Not an ideal solution though, as some XP files managed to get copied onto the SSD before I interrupted the XP setup. Anyway, the Win 7 setup is happily running now (fingers crossed).

i used w7 setup repair function and diskpart to properly align the disk

then i started a windwos live cd and formatted my new partition with ntfs

now windows 7 setup ran properly

/edit

it seems that it is not possible to format this disk under Windows 7 where using XP in the same Machine allows easy formating without any problems. Installing Ubunto went smooth as well.

Under Windows 7 it just hangs and the hard disk light goes out leaving the hard disk non responding. Once formatted with XP it seems to run fine for a while. But then i get lockups from time to time forcing me to reset and reboot.
    Last edited by Winbird; 12-05-2009 at 06:07 AM.

Thread Information