Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Adventures of a user, and questions

Default The Adventures of a user, and questions

I purchased a 128gb Pro IV IDE SSD, 2 sets of mounting brackets to install into a 5" bay, Connector adapter, but the brackets had no means to secure the adapters needed to use a standard 80-way IDE cable. C'est la vi...

Running a Dual-core Centrino, 3ghz, DFI Lanparty Mobo, 6 sata ports, 1 IDE channel, 4 Gb RAM, Windows XP SP3 (a proper bought copy...)

The Acronis imaging process failed miserably, but i wanted a clean install anyway, so cleared the drive (in the cheap USB case) and off we went.

Set the BIOS SATA into IDE mode, hook up the drive, and waddaya know, a BSOD...

Turns out something dont like my SATA Optical Drive, an LG...

Disconnect the optical, and get some recognition. Fortunately i do have an External USB optical, so I can install an o/s...

Mind you, that install took something like 6 attempts, mainly failing to boot (BSOD) at the first restart in the XP install process...

Fiiiiiinally got the danged thing to fly, but for some reason, it still BSOD's at every reboot, reporting 'Unmountable Boot Volume', until i unplug the damned SATA optial again, but when the bootup completes, can plug in the optical and away we go...

set up my SATA RAID arrays, and all is good

Why the dickens would having a SATA optical plugged in make the IDE SSD BSOD like that?

Now, SSD's are supposed to be pretty damned quick, right?

When this thing DOES boot up, i watch the XP flash screen marquee going 'round and 'round, mebbe 20 or 30 laps, then a slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww progression thru the black screen and desktop drawing phase...

NO documentation came with the drive, so no clues at all about speeds, connection or usage suggestions, nothing educational about care and maintenance...

I can download files and flash the bios for my motherboard, update the firmware on various bits and pieces, but nothing for this?

Mr and Mrs RUNCORE!!!!!! PUT A DOWNLOAD LINK UP WHERE WE CAN GET TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION AND UPDATING FILES!

Are you a Ma 'n' Pa operation or a cast of thousands?

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO MAIL MY DRIVE TO CHINA TO GET THE DANGED FIRMWARE UPDATED!!!!

Come to think of it, some info as to exactly how to determine one's firmware would be handy, along with a suitable app for completing a Trim function for non-Win 7 users...

the majority of your users are not stupid novices, i am sure that as cutting-edge users, we are likely to be able to do things, let us have what we need!!!!!

So, provide some info, get a tech writer to put some documentation together, and ANSWER calls for HELP!!

Come Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
    Last edited by Blue_Screen; 12-06-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: The Adventures of a user, and questions

obviously i dont get the respect of reply or comments from runcore...

or even questions...

Dear,
    I'm very sorry it .

Whats your type of your model ?
    Can you tell me the PN code of your SSD on the back of it .

Model: 0901070705

PN: 06022800

Besides, the platform ? The type of you laptop ?

uhhh, as described in first post above, desktop with DFI Lanparty mainboard, (Award BIOS) 4gb ram, Windows XP SP3, the Runcore is an IDE drive for boot, i use an LG DVD drive on SATA port 1, a Hitachi 250gb HDD on SATA port 2, and SATA ports 3 thru 6 all have connected 1TB Samsung HDD's configured as RAID 1 arrays, 2, of 1TB each...

there are a total of 12 onboard USB ports, which can have connected at any time up to 5 external HDD's, plus assorted other USB devices

550w power supply

None of the SATA drives are configured as boot drives, and to install Windows i had to use an external USB optical drive, because the runcore refuses to boot as long as the SATA optical drive is connected into the system

I dont really know why, but i do seem to think i know what i am doing, altho perhaps a Dip IT has got something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    Besides, the platform ? The type of you laptop ?
    just because the Pro IV is a 2 1/2" form drive, why assume my PC is a laptop?

Today:
    A fresh reinstall of Windows XP pro, SP3, DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS Elite, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz, Intel 82801, 82802 chipsets, and ICH10 series for SATA support...

NO other drives connected to system excepr Runcore Pro IV 128GB, and an LG external optical for installing windows
    FULL removal of all previous partitions, FULL NTFS format, clean install

Worked fine, normal bootup etc UNTIL installing the Intel chipset drivers and RAID (ICH10) drivers, then, BSOD, UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME...

System will start in Safe Mode, tried doing a drivers rollback, unsuccessful...

System does start in Debug mode, so i have access top my RAID arrays when connected, but the bootup is agonisingly slow...(about 40 passes by the windows XP welcome screen marquee roller)

i can get online, so following the event reporting service links, i find:

Event ID 5: A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Event ID 11: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D.

and the information: For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

So we go and take a look at what M$ have to say and we find:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/ee...pe=Error&LCID=

With lots of references to error ID's 5, 9, 11, 15...

But all the KB articles refer to old M$ products

Troubleshooting event ID 9, 11, and 15 on Cluster Servers
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259237/en-us

How to troubleshoot event ID 9, event ID 11, and event ID 15 error messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154690/en-us

How to troubleshoot error messages about Event ID 9 and Event ID 11
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314093/en-us

I DONT need to be treated like an idiot, nor a level 1 or 2 User.

I DO need full information about my drive, your product
    I should NOT need to have to email anyone to find out jumper settings not firmware versions etc, THAT should be on the label on the damned drive

THAT info CAN be shared in here, or even on your website, theres plenty of space there to put up PROPER tech data sheet info.

If you are that desperately in need of a decent Tech Writer, fly me to where you are and I will...

NO amount of secrecy can be justified by the possible effects of competition, they may read your tech data, but they do not have your tooling, nor assembly info, and if that is a worry, then you need to do more, some really good customer service would be a good start...

Now, no more treating us like mushrooms, Give us the information we need, the support we need, and the ability to fix stuff ourselves...

if someone is not doing their job providing support, Fire them and get someone who will, not just a marketing guy...
    Last edited by Blue_Screen; 12-27-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: STRIPPING CODES

Angry Re: The Adventures of a user, and questions

and hurry up about it!!!

Dear Sir,

We appologize for the late reply and thanks for your concern on this. would you mind let us know your e-mail address? we'll let the professor contact you in person as if you are against the idea of returning the SSD back to China.

If you are not willing to public your e-mail address then you could mail your info to support@runcore.com.

We value your question very much and thanks for your support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information