Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ProIV ZIF fw1571 suspend/resume freeze in Win7

Default ProIV ZIF fw1571 suspend/resume freeze in Win7

Hi Everyone,

I discovered a suspend-resume bug with Win7. Configuration:

- Win7 RTM 32-bit
    - HP 2510P
    - 64GB Runcore ProIV ZIF SSD

Problem

When I suspend then resume the system the Win7 screen appears but system locks up. The SSD has frozen. I have once seen some error relating to security settings, being unable to restore desktop data, with no other response to ctrl-alt-del. Hung system. I've found:

- problem doesn't occur with XP or Linux.
    - when I do a block-for-block copy (dd if=/dev/sda of=/media/storage/image; <swap ZIF SSDs> dd if=imageof =/dev/sda) onto a different brand ZIF SSD I have, reboot the system I find it has NO problems doing a suspend-followed-by-resume. So the problem here is definitely the Runcore ProIV ZIF's handling of the resume.

Does newer firmware fix this?
    Can anyone confirm if fw 1819 corrects this issue? Have been hanging out for it to do transparent trim support but I hope it corrects this suspend-resume issue in Win7 as well. I have the "D-Die" Samsung flash so am patiently waiting for Runcore's firmware fix.

Comments/suggestions??
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Default Re: ProIV ZIF fw1571 suspend/resume freeze in Win7

the recover form sleep/hibernate bug is one of the main fixes of firmware 1819 as far as i can remember

Hi,

In the changelog of 1819 it says:

Bug Fix: After STANDBY_IMMEDIATE, most host controllers wait for OOB reply for 100ms. Sometimes Indilinx Barefoot firmware couldn’t answer to COMRESET because FTL initialization took longer time. This bug caused Windows Sleep/Hibernate test failure.

So probably this is something that is fixed now. However i have seen posts in forums stating that 1819 isn't that stable and has performance issues. A-data has already releaed the new 1848 firmware, which resolves the issues caused in 1819. I hope runcore will follow soon.

regards,

René

I have 1571 ProIV ZIF with Win7 32 bit and I did not have the standby freeze

JK

I've used 2 ProIV's, one with 1571 and 1819. I never had any sleep/hibernation issues running windows 7. Everything resumes super fast.

One quirk though (might be win7 or ssd) is that right after you resume, the screen is all black and you see your mouse pointer. It's not until you move the mouse or press a key, then the login screen shows up.

This is on a dell latitude xt tablet. However on firmware 1819 I've encountered other problems, lockups when installing programs or heavy disk usage.

Thread Information