Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Default What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    Hello,

    I have just bought a used asus 901 netbook with a 32gb runcore ssd drive installed. I have no idea how old the drive is. I want to find out the specs of the drive I have to know if it is worth replacing with the current version of the drive (if there is a more current version).

    I have asked via the runcore contact form twice but go no response. I would be very grateful if someone on here could help.

    These are the details I see on the drive installed in my netbook:
    Runcore miniPCIe1.0 VJ01
    Samsung, 828 K9LBG08U0M, PCB0, CAD203SX

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CN
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    The SSD in your hands miniPCIe1.0 VJ01 has been off production.
    Now we have RCP-IV-S70XX-C to replace it. That has a high performance and more stable.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    Thank you for the response.
    I can see the specs of RCP-IV-S70XX-C on your web-site.
    Can you please provide the specs of miniPCIe1.0 VJ01 and tell me when it was in production. I would like this information to decide if it is worth upgrading my ssd.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    .
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by opodder View Post
    I would like this information to decide if it is worth upgrading my ssd.
    Can view the mPCIe SSD to see if it's using the sata pins (pin 23, 25, 31,33). If not then it's likely an early model PATA SSD, likely with a jmicron controller, known for causing stuttering performance. An upgrade to one of the newer ProIV SATA mPCIe SSDs will see sequential read/writes go at full SATA-I ~120MB/s reads and approx 18MB/s 4kb reads.

    The Asus eee 901 has room to fit a 1.8" drive too, so could have a 1.8" microsata SSD instead (Runcore ProIV, Samsung PB22-J, Intel X18M G2). Pinout as shown here. An ebay US$4-shipped mini pcie to SATA/USB adapter just needs to be wired to the 1.8" microsata SSD.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

    Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    Can view the mPCIe SSD to see if it's using the sata pins (pin 23, 25, 31,33). If not then it's likely an early model PATA SSD
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I do not know how to tell what pins it is using. Would appreciate some further advice.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CN
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by opodder View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I do not know how to tell what pins it is using. Would appreciate some further advice.
    Hi, opodder.
    Itís the difference between SATA and PATA signal on the pin of miniPCIe interface of SSD.
    The SATA miniPCIe SSD will have a higher performance.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    Hi, opodder.
    Itís the difference between SATA and PATA signal on the pin of miniPCIe interface of SSD.
    The SATA miniPCIe SSD will have a higher performance.
    Thanks for the reply.
    However, rather than "will have a higher performance", ultimately in this thread I was hoping to get an idea of the expected read/write performance of my current drive noted in my initial post. Therefore I can judge whether the cost of the new drive is worthwhile for my own needs.

    Please, please, provide straight answer for the questions:
    *is it possible to get a spec sheet for the drive I noted in my original post?
    *if not, is it possible to tell me the expected read/write speeds for this drive?

    Best wishes,
    opodder

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central Australia
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    I dont think they like handin out spec sheets...
    or any other info, for that matter...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CN
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: What are specs of my runcore ssd drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by opodder View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    However, rather than "will have a higher performance", ultimately in this thread I was hoping to get an idea of the expected read/write performance of my current drive noted in my initial post. Therefore I can judge whether the cost of the new drive is worthwhile for my own needs.

    Please, please, provide straight answer for the questions:
    *is it possible to get a spec sheet for the drive I noted in my original post?
    *if not, is it possible to tell me the expected read/write speeds for this drive?

    Best wishes,
    opodder
    I will send a S70 Datasheet to you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •