Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on FirmWare Upgrades for Pro IV

Default Re: Update on FirmWare Upgrades for Pro IV

Quote Originally Posted by rmjanzen View Post
    Hi there,

I completly agree and i agree that this is the way to go. The only reason i am asking is because of the fact that you guys have put a topic online stating that the new firmware would be posted online within days. This was on the 17th of december by Matt. This sets expectations ! If runcore is that close to finishing work on a certain firmware level and tooling, it can't be hard to answer both these simple questions:

Can you tell us which firmware version it will be ?

What I also would like to know is when you will put it online. As you said within several duys of the 17th.... Will we see it online this year ?

With kind regards,

René
    @runcore tech support or anybody else from runcore... You have been active in this tread... Could you also answer the questions from me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Borh View Post
    Thank you very much if you can help me.

bkeren@hotmail.fr

That's strange because I can format the disk with the ubuntu CD and then install Linux. It just tells me that a former windows installation failed. With Linux, my notebook seems to work fine. But then, when I try to install windows it doesn't work.
    There's a Win7 installation bug I've documented here.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Ok, I will try it tomorrow. Do you know why there was no problem with the old firmware ? Does it have something to do with trim support ?

Edit : ok, I've managed to reinstall Windows 7, thank you Nando. I didn't manage to use the usb case, the ssd is not recognized on my over computer so I format by installing Windows XP and then erase it with Windows 7.
    My question now is : by formating with Windows XP and not with windows 7, will I have a drop in performance ?
    Last edited by Borh; 01-01-2010 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borh View Post
    Ok, I will try it tomorrow. Do you know why there was no problem with the old firmware ? Does it have something to do with trim support ?

Edit : ok, I've managed to reinstall Windows 7, thank you Nando. I didn't manage to use the usb case, the ssd is not recognized on my over computer so I format by installing Windows XP and then erase it with Windows 7.
    My question now is : by formating with Windows XP and not with windows 7, will I have a drop in performance ?
    I do believe that the alignment problem when formatting in XP will slow down SSDs a bit. This is why it is recommended to let win7 format it during installation.

Alignment is achieved when creating a partition, not during formatting. Correct alignment stops NTFS clusters from being split over two erase blocks. If this happens there will be times when the drive will have to "Read>Modify>Write" two flash blocks, ie double the work and double the time, where as if correctly aligned only one need be done.

XP sets the starting sector as 63 tather than 64, which would be correct alignment. You can safely create a correctly aligned partition manually using diskpart if you wish, then if needed, quick format (don't do a full format) that partition using XP format before installing Windows 7.

Any Windows 7 install where the default partitioning convention of a 100MB System Partition followed by the OS partition will be correctly aligned to 1024KB. To create a partition of correct alignment manually, select the correct disk in diskpart and type "Create partition primary align=1024" hit enter, type "active" and it's done.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by TMDJ View Post
    I have windows 7 and mine says

IDE\DISKRUNCORE__128G-C__SSD____________________0.1_____

Will my drive be firmware upgradable when it is released??
    Hello,
    It shows as
    DISKRUNCORE__128G-C__SSD____________________0.1_____
    that 0.1 is the earlier firmware which is the same as 1571.

Hi all,

I have a Atom Based Tablet PC that utilizes a PATA to SATA bridge (Genesis Logic GL831 is the bridge controller). Because of this, there is no master/slave option (only one channel) and the drive configuration is natively IDE (not AHCI).

I have 3 RunCore ProIV microSATA 32GB Drives with 1819 firmware.

XP installs on the Runcore drives and works VERY well.
    BUT, I am not able to install Win7 with any of the RunCore SSDs. Micron and Intel, and supertalent SSDs work fine (none are indilinx based, though). I have tried both installing from DVD and pushing an image to the drive, both fail.

If I remove the drive from the computer, plug it in to a USB adapter and push a Win7 image to the drive from my desk PC, the unit will begin to boot, but then either blue screen or lock up. The bad bahavior occurs just after the drivers are done loading (I set the "OS boot information" in MS config on the image)

Does anyone know if there is a firmware version later than 1819 that might resolve this issue?

I've tried the various workaround posted here and on other forums, but they do not work for me.

The interesting thing is, an earlier version of this tablet utilized the PATA interface. I have used the RunCore ProIV PATA Zif SSD with the previous model, and it works great with Win7 and XP. So it appears to be an incompatibility between the Runcore ProIV microSATA drive and the Genesis Logic GL831 PATA to SATA bridge controller.

Any comments or questions are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by redly1 View Post
    If I remove the drive from the computer, plug it in to a USB adapter and push a Win7 image to the drive from my desk PC, the unit will begin to boot, but then either blue screen or lock up. The bad bahavior occurs just after the drivers are done loading (I set the "OS boot information" in MS config on the image)
    Is the Win7 image one that was obtained by loading the setup on your tablet (eg: another drive)? if not, then I would not expect it to work.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Quote Originally Posted by nando4 View Post
    Is the Win7 image one that was obtained by loading the setup on your tablet (eg: another drive)? if not, then I would not expect it to work.
    The image was developed on the same tablet, but with a Toshiba HDD. This same image works with the previously mentioned SSDs. Here is the product we are trying to make the SSD work with - xTablet T7000 Rugged Tablet PC / UMPC

Thanks!
    Last edited by redly1; 01-06-2010 at 10:09 AM.

I think the FW1819 is incompatible with the PATA to SATA bridge (Genesis Logic GL831) on xTablet T7000 Rugged Tablet PC / UMPC.

I hope the fixed firmware can help you solve your problem.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information