Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Update on FirmWare Upgrades for Pro IV

Default Re: Update on FirmWare Upgrades for Pro IV

yes, the modified firmware does allow Win7 to boot. Thank you VERY much for addressing my issue.

I ran CrystalDiskInfo, and noticed that TRIM is not enabled...is this correct?

good info...any idea what Firmware version will be released soon?

hello,

short question. where can i download firmware upgrades ? i have problems with a mac book air rev a and the rcp-iv-z1828-c

thank

I see other Indilinx drives now have FW 1916. When can we expect this from RunCore?

Was expecting to see the Samsung D-Die flash firmware update on runcore.com , but it's been delayed. So here's a pre-release. Suggest grab it while it's up.

Runcore ProIV SSD 1819 firmware update [for Samsung D-Die flash 64GB]

My D-Die 1571 to 1819 firmware update experience

A full SSD backup is required as otherwise you lose all your data, followed by a restore after firmware update. Easiest way of doing the update would be to place SSD in the USB enclosure, attaching it to another system running XP/Win7 system and run the firmware update ID6408.exe.

I did it without a USB enclosure by (1) setting SSD into factory mode (jumper J1), (2) booting Win7 CD -> Repair -> DOS Prompt to provide a Windows environment (3) navigating to the USB key, then running the firmware updater. Instructions suggest not needing to set factory mode J1 jumper, but in my case the firmware update hung mid-process with the SSD disappearing. Only way I could see the SSD again was with J1 being set.

Once installed you'll see hdparm output like this :) With firmware 1819 Win7 runs like a champ, no suspend/resume issues and now have trim support :: . Crystaldiskmark writes improved slightly too as shown here, not sure as a consequence of reimaging the drive OR the firmware update. Almost 21kb/s 4kb reads is awesome for a ZIF SSD.

XP users note - 1819 has slower wiper.exe operation than 1571

One negative however. wiper.exe now runs noticably slower than it did under firmware 1571. If you *dont* run Windows 7, ie: only run XP, and have no need for trim or a fix to the suspend/resume problem, it might be better to stick with 1571. SuperTalent's fw 1916 confirms wiper is slower under 1819 then under 1571. Firmware 1916 adds Garbage Collection AND Trim, so it's the most desirable one for all systems - XP and Win7, though when will Runcore release that version?
    Last edited by nando4; 01-16-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Can runcore please send me firmware 1916 for RCP-IV-S7032-C (indilix, 8pcs samsung m-die ssd), i need the new automatic garbage collection to restore my speed as it went down completely.

webmasters@skynet.be

i already did an upgrade from 15xx to 1819 (to fix xp sleep problems)

Quote Originally Posted by nando4 View Post

Runcore ProIV SSD 1819 firmware update [for Samsung D-Die flash 64GB]

@runcore: I have successfully updated my RCP-IV-S7064-C having K9HCG08U1D flash chips from 1571 to 1819. The SSD is built in a Asus EEE PC 901 and running on Windows 7. No Problems while or after updating, no standby issues, everything works fine.

Hi,

would someone please upload the firmware update 1819 for the 128-C GB LIF SSD for MacBook Air Rev B and C WITH SAMSUNG M die

Since my drives uses m-die I can't use the firmware update another user put online and linked here.

TIA
    noah

Quote Originally Posted by hippocratesnoah View Post
    would someone please upload the firmware update 1819 ...
    What strange phenomenon... customers asking customers to share firmware updates because the manufacturer does not publish the files... Runcore, do you really think its a good philosophy to wait for the final final super perfect firmware... that never comes?

Have a look at the other manufacturers already having FW 1916 online.

oeL

Quote Originally Posted by oeL View Post
    What strange phenomenon... customers asking customers to share firmware updates because the manufacturer does not publish the files... Runcore, do you really think its a good philosophy to wait for the final final super perfect firmware... that never comes?

Have a look at the other manufacturers already having FW 1916 online.

oeL

The problem most likely lies in that they cannot afford a blunder because thier support is so weak. They probably appreciate the fact that leaked firmware is out and about, because all thier tech support has to say is "we haven't released that firmware yet, so you are SOL."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information