Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on FirmWare Upgrades for Pro IV

Default Update on FirmWare Upgrades for Pro IV

Hi all, we will be putting the Indilinx FW up for you all to DL and we will also include an instructions manual. The reason we have not put it up sooner is because we have been holding out for a better update that works on all Indilinx based SSD's and solves some other random issues that many people here are noticing like the Windows 7 install issue. I am sure this will be solved in the next FW release as that is a big issue for some computers.

The Firmware that will be posted online in the coming days will not support any SSD with Samsung D-Die Flash but will work with Samsung M Die and Intel Flash.

In the instructions there will be a guide to determine what type of flash is on you SSD and then it will walk you through the upgrade process.

Also if your SSD is working fine and not having the sleep/wake up freeze issue then I do not suggest upgrading your SSD to this FW version and wait for a better one in the future. If you have an SSD with D Die flash and it is having the sleep/wake up issue then we suggest you send it back to the place you bought it and they will send it back to Runcore for updating.

For those of you that have an SSD with D Die flash we are still talking with Indilinx and pressuring them for an updater for D Die flash based SSD's.

I will also be putting the wiper.exe file up for DL along with the FW update.

Matt Dawson CMO
    Runcore

Default Re: Update on FirmWare Upgrades for Pro IV

Hi Matt,

Sounds good.. Can you tell us if this is the 1819 firmware (with some issues in there) or a newer firmware like the 1848 or 1881 (which solves a lot of the issues in 1819 and has already been released by other(s) like adata and mushkin ?

regards,

René
    Last edited by rmjanzen; 12-17-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmjanzen View Post
    Hi Matt,

Sounds good.. Can you tell us if this is the 1819 firmware (with some issues in there) or a newer firmware like the 1848 or 1881 (which solves a lot of the issues in 1819 and has already been released by other(s) like adata and mushkin ?

regards,

René
    hi rmjanzen:
    The 1881 fw just is a test version.We still test it and soon after we will release it.

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    hi rmjanzen:
    The 1881 fw just is a test version.We still test it and soon after we will release it.
    OK great !

So is the version that will be on the website now the 1819 or the 1848 ?

regards,

René

I think the firmware the runcore is using now is 1819.

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    The current firmware version is 1819.
    Later there will be newer firmware, we will provide the firmware tool or upgrade programs for customers to update.
    So I guess the next version they post should be 1848 or newer.

Quote Originally Posted by thllxb View Post
    I think the firmware the runcore is using now is 1819.

So I guess the next version they post should be 1848 or newer.
    Indeed the one that is shipping is 1819. I was wondering if the one that they are going to put online is a newer one (as they are stating the comment about the 1881). I would assume it is the 1819. But it is an easy question for runcore to answer.

Is it 1819 or 1848 ?

Ok guys I don't want to see a mass update to the 1819 FW that really does not fix all of the various issues we are seeing in the Indilinx based SSD's. I am going to wait until Indilinx tells me the various problems people are encountering are solved then post the proper FW. We are testing a newer version now and I hope that will solve the issues some of you are seeing from time to time.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    Ok guys I don't want to see a mass update to the 1819 FW that really does not fix all of the various issues we are seeing in the Indilinx based SSD's. I am going to wait until Indilinx tells me the various problems people are encountering are solved then post the proper FW. We are testing a newer version now and I hope that will solve the issues some of you are seeing from time to time.

Matt

Matt,
    how will Runcore be able to solve any issues if you don't respond to support emails ? You have made promises on putting firmware and utilites up for download on the Runcore site for some time, but still there is nothing available. Technology will move faster than your support.

Give us a date, and stick to it. Don't waste your time creating smoke screens.

( 12-17-2009 01:43 AM ) Hi all, we will be putting the Indilinx FW up for you all to DL and we will also include an instructions manual. The reason we have not put it up sooner is because we have been holding out for a better update that works on all Indilinx based SSD's and solves some other random issues that many people here are noticing like the Windows 7 install issue. I am sure this will be solved in the next FW release as that is a big issue for some computers.

The Firmware that will be posted online in the coming days will not support any SSD with Samsung D-Die Flash but will work with Samsung M Die and Intel Flash.

Matt
    ( Today 01:11 PM (23-12) ) Ok guys I don't want to see a mass update to the 1819 FW that really does not fix all of the various issues we are seeing in the Indilinx based SSD's. I am going to wait until Indilinx tells me the various problems people are encountering are solved then post the proper FW. We are testing a newer version now and I hope that will solve the issues some of you are seeing from time to time.

Matt
    Hi Matt,

Sounds promising... As you mentioned you guys would put FW and wiper online within days after the 17th. Your other message gives the idea that it will not be 1819.

Can you tell us which firmware version it will be ?

What I also would like to know is when you will put it online. As you said within several duys of the 17th.... Will we see it online this year ?

regards,

René

So where the F*^&%#$ are they?????

Put up a link!!!!!!

Too many people are fed up with your ineffective email support section and the 'Live Chat' is always offline...

Bah Humbug!!!

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information