Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro IV 64GB ZIF in hp 2510p

Default Re: Pro IV 64GB ZIF in hp 2510p

Quote Originally Posted by Irlut View Post
    E-mailed Runcore again, hoping for a response either via e-mail or on this forum.
    Dear Sir,
    We appologize for the late reply and thanks for your concern on this.
    We have give you a reply by email, if still can't solve your problem, welcome to email us.

<table cellspacing=0><tbody><tr><td>Using the ZIF SSD stiffener

I had missed that the stiffener is available on the ZIF SSD, thinking that perhaps such a facility exists but the ZIF connector looks so fragile that I didn't dare explore in case I broke something. Well, there is a stiffener that can be flicked up which then really does make it Zero Force Insertion (ZIF).

May I suggest disconnecting the ZIF cable, wiping it clear of any remnanets from it's last position, then reseating it?</td><td></td><td></td></tr></tbody></table>
    Last edited by nando4; 01-05-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    Dear Sir,
    We appologize for the late reply and thanks for your concern on this.
    We have give you a reply by email, if still can't solve your problem, welcome to email us.
    I received help via e-mail. Thanks!

For the interested: Seems like one of my flash blocks might be broken. I'll be returning the drive for RMA.

Quote Originally Posted by nando4 View Post
    <table cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Using the ZIF SSD stiffener

I had missed that the stiffener is available on the ZIF SSD, thinking that perhaps such a facility exists but the ZIF connector looks so fragile that I didn't dare explore in case I broke something. Well, there is a stiffener that can be flicked up which then really does make it Zero Force Insertion (ZIF).

May I suggest disconnecting the ZIF cable, wiping it clear of any remnanets from it's last position, then reseating it?</td><td></td><td></td></tr></tbody></table>
    I tried that, but the black part does not move at all. I feel disinclined to use force on it as I'm afraid of breaking the whole thing (and it is quite an expensive piece of hardware). Thanks for the suggestion, tho!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information