Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runcore Pro IV SATA 32gb Noise Level

Default Runcore Pro IV SATA 32gb Noise Level

Hello,

I just received the RunCore Pro IV 32GB 2.5" SATA Solid State
    Drive SSD from MDD today. Upon setting up the drive for backup with the included USB port, I noticed a fair amount of noise. Most noticeable was a beeping sound and a whirring which would occur mostly when accessing information. The sounds continued after installing it in a eeePC 1000he (which didn't work anyway because it cannot find nltdr)

Has anyone else had similar experiences? The sound is frustratingly loud, and I might try to exchange, but it does not sound like people have too much success with Runcore/MDD.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jdubilla; 12-27-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Default Re: Runcore Pro IV SATA 32gb Noise Level

Exact same experience today -- except I installed mine on an Acer Aspire One AOD250. Same noises when cloning the drive, and they've continued now that it's installed. It's definitely faster than the HDD, but far noisier -- which makes no sense. My Dell Mini 10 had an SSD and it was literally silent -- never heard a peep. And with mine, the noice isn't only when it's accessing info -- it's noisy sometimes even sitting idle.

I think I'm going to try to exchange it.

EDIT: Just to be clear: I purchased the exact same drive: RunCore ProIV 32GB 2.5" SATA.
    Last edited by gmich; 12-27-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Yeah, after messing with it some more I would have to agree that the sound is pretty continuous. A sort of buzzing sound with some intermittent beep-type noise. I hope that this isn't a problem affecting an entire batch of drives. Maybe RunCore or others can give some support, or we have some luck exchanging.

Well, dont expect a reply from them in a hurry, theys slow and slack everywhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by jdubilla View Post
    Hello,

I just received the RunCore Pro IV 32GB 2.5" SATA Solid State
    Drive SSD from MDD today. Upon setting up the drive for backup with the included USB port, I noticed a fair amount of noise. Most noticeable was a beeping sound and a whirring which would occur mostly when accessing information. The sounds continued after installing it in a eeePC 1000he (which didn't work anyway because it cannot find nltdr)

Has anyone else had similar experiences? The sound is frustratingly loud, and I might try to exchange, but it does not sound like people have too much success with Runcore/MDD.

Thanks.
    Dear Jdubilla and gmich,

Sorry for my lated reply.
    The SSD sounds a whirring noise, I think it have some problem with the inductor on the circruit board.
    You can connect the MDD for replacement.

MDD replied to me today in response to a 12-26 request for an exchange. Within an hour or two of my response to their message, they issued me an RMA number. I'll let everyone know how long it takes for a replacement, but I am so far satisfied that they responded in just a few days.

I, too, got an RMA from MDD, and they responded quickly to my complaint. Only problem is that the 32gb Pro IV is out of stock. Let's hope they get more in soon. I'm loving the speed improvements to my Acer netbook, but the noise is ridiculous. Sounds like a high-pitched bagpipe band playing inside.

Just requested and received a refund from MDD. Screw runcore, next time I willl buy a hard drive produced by a reputable, non-Chinese company.

I'm still waiting on a replacement, but I may end up asking for a refund as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jdubilla View Post
    Just requested and received a refund from MDD. Screw runcore, next time I willl buy a hard drive produced by a reputable, non-Chinese company.
    If thats what turns you on,but heh, you wont find a non-chinese maker...

regrettably, your xenophobia and sour grapes wont do you one spot of good...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information