Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Runcore on Aspire One-SSD Model

Angry Runcore on Aspire One-SSD Model

Hello,

I procured a 32GB Runcore SSD and it seems, consistently, unwilling to let Windows 7 install - despite the USB operation being fully functional. Furthermore, cloning the drive does not work as the boot process hangs on CLASSPNP.SYS. Windows XP install blue screens giving Session3_Initialization_Failed.

It seems as though the drive is inaccessible to the installation - with the install failing consistantly at the expanding step (1% complete). Thereafter, Windows setup is unable to detect the drive. I was wondering if there is something special that must be done to install Windows 7 on a RunCore 32GB?

My searching on the internet has yielded dissatisfactory results: the only method being an imaging from USB that several people claim causes frequent analogs to the BSOD.
    Last edited by Frozenport; 01-02-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: more information

Default Re: Runcore on Aspire One-SSD Model

Hello.
    You can try the way that create and format a primary partition as NTFS file system in disk management by USB before installing Win7.
    When installing Win7 skip the partition creation/formatting phase and complete the installation.

in other words, do the disk prep as a blank, NTFS formatted partition, by using the Disk Management console in XP, while the drive is connected via USB.

Then make it a boot drive and install Winn 7 without partitioning or formatting again

A bit of a kludge, IMHO, you should be able to simply plug the drive straight into your system and have it operate as yet another HDD

I dont know yet if its Indilinx or Runcore, but someone has stuffed up rather severely if we cant have a simple ATA compliant disk controller function that would prevent all this nonsense

I repeat, the drive SHOULD be plug-in compatible with whatever drive is being replaced...

Thats WHY we have standards (yes, we do!) even in Wintel boxes...

I have recently had a chance to sit down with the RunCore SSD, and after trying to install it again. Well, it still doesn't work. Has anything changed? Did Runcore release a driver? Is there some magic I can do to make my SSD work?

Thread Information