Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot boot anymore on 128 GB SSD on Macbook Air

Default Re: Cannot boot anymore on 128 GB SSD on Macbook Air

Hi Matt/Support

I have been sent a new firmware to try with the drive, however can you please advise how to proceed with the update running a MBA, as the files are .exe.

Does the firmware update work if I was to put the drive in a USB caddy and then via a PC, boot to DOS and update?

Or is there a Mac OS X version of the update?

Thanks

Hi runcore support

Can you please help here.

I have updated the firmware 1916 as detailed and provided by yourselves. But I am still having the same issue where the hard drive will not boot into OSX and will appear as unbootable (circle with a line through it)

Please advise of the procedures require for this SSD will be replaced.

Thanks

Garry

I think I have given up on RunCore for my Mac needs. I do not have time to be a beta tester. I hope to one day get the drive to update its firmware so I can use it in another device. I have since moved to the Photofast G V4 and it works great in the MacBook Air. It even has background garbage collection which is nice since the Mac lack trim. It pays to do your research, learn from my experience. This product should be avoided.

Mauricef, are you using a Photofast G-Monster 4? My RunCore has crashed after trying the FW update. This is also my 2nd one already (the 1st having died after a few weeks). I am now looking for viable alternatives as I suspect RunCore will not be offering any solutions any time soon. In the meantime I need something that is reliable yet has decent performance. Do you find the G4 fast enough and reliable enough? Thx

Dear all,

About 1 month after I initialized this thread, and after several iterations, Runcore support considered my drive was defective due to a soldering problem.
    After 70 USD to send it back from France to the US, and again 40 USD of taxes for the new one, I finally got a second one, that I succeeded to boot only 2 times !!

After I tried to wake it from a first sleep, screen was frozen. I had to hard reset the MBA, and at next reboot I got a blinking grey folder with a question mark inside. After a second reboot it started correctly.
    But problem occured again at next sleep, and now I get systematically the grey folder with blinking question mark.
    Starting from another volume, disk utility does not detect SSD.

I opened a new ticket to support, but I think it will be my second and last SSD from Runcore, that now really look like unreliable drives, at least for MBA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information