Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Looking for official Runcore Statement/answer

Default Looking for official Runcore Statement/answer on FW online !!

Hi there,

I would like to have a reply from somebody from runcore. I have asked this question a few times in the other firmware thread, but somehow it isn't answered. So now i'm trying in a separate topic. So please only an answer by somebody from runcore. My post was :

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset" itxtvisited="1">Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support
    Dear all,

If we post the firmware that haven't been completely tested on website, it is irresponsible to customers because that will cause even greater troubles.

So we suggest that if the SSDs in customers's hands have no problems with boot, sleep/hibernate nor any other issues, not to update your firmware until the new stable firmware updates come out.

If you purchase a RunCore SSD installed in you notebook have any undesirable phenomena. Welcome email to us for support: support@runcore.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Hi there,

I completly agree and i agree that this is the way to go. The only reason i am asking is because of the fact that you guys have put a topic online stating that the new firmware would be posted online within days. This was on the 17th of december by Matt. This sets expectations ! If runcore is that close to finishing work on a certain firmware level and tooling, it can't be hard to answer both these simple questions:

Can you tell us which firmware version it will be ?

What I also would like to know is when you will put it online. As you said within several duys of the 17th.... Will we see it online this year ? (as we are already in 2010, this will not be possible anymore. Can you give us a firm date on when the downloads will be available on the runcore website !!)

With kind regards,

René

<!-- / message -->
    Last edited by rmjanzen; 01-11-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Default Re: Looking for official Runcore Statement/answer

runcore ?

I have started asking about an exact date on which the wiper tool would be on the website since on October 21st (so roughly almost 14 weeks ago )

Questions about which firmware would be made available on the website, and on what date started in november

In the mean time we have seen other vendors releasing 1819, 1848, 1881 and now even 1916. I would assume they have the same information and technical knowledge as Runcore.

So i don't want to be negative at all, but would it be possible to answer these questions (after 14 weeks of asking):

When (date please) will a wiper tool be available to download from the runcore as promised in october ?

When (date please) will new firmware be available for download as promised in november ?

Which firmware version will be released on the website on the date asked one question above ?

If not the latest version of the indilinx firmware... When will the newer one be released (date please) ?

Thanks,

René

Matt ? Anybody else from runcore ?

Angry Re: Looking for official Runcore Statement/answer

It's as simple as this:
    • I bought a 128G RunCore IV to put in my Dell Latitude XT.
    • I'm running Windows 7
    • The drive doesn't work (cloned drive locks up constantly, and fresh install hangs)
    • The only thing on the RunCore support page is a form to send them an e-mail. No downloads. No bulletins. No FAQ. Nothing.
    • RunCore refuses to answer e-mails or post answers to this forum.
    So, I've asked for an RMA from MyDigitalDiscount. I'm sending it back and I'll never buy another RunCore product - ever. Neither will any of the 650 users I support if they ask me about it (and they do!)

You just can't make a product that's this bad AND refuse to support it.

We are shipping with 1819 we are testing FW 1916 right now.

mheere we cannot guarantee our SSD will work perfect with every computer but I can report we have had happy customers with that particular computer running XP.

Indilinx and Runcore are working on making the newest release 1916 work out most if not all of the bugs that still exist with the product.

I am not adding the info to the U.S. site just yet because I want to have it perfect but if you are brave and want to give some stuff a try email me at mdawson@runcore.com and I will ping it right back to you in a zip file.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    We are shipping with 1819 we are testing FW 1916 right now.

mheere we cannot guarantee our SSD will work perfect with every computer but I can report we have had happy customers with that particular computer running XP.

Indilinx and Runcore are working on making the newest release 1916 work out most if not all of the bugs that still exist with the product.

I am not adding the info to the U.S. site just yet because I want to have it perfect but if you are brave and want to give some stuff a try email me at mdawson@runcore.com and I will ping it right back to you in a zip file.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore
    Hi Matt,

How close are you on shipping with 1916 ?

regards,

René

Thread Information