Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with 128GB ZIF and Win7 HP 2510p

Angry Problems with 128GB ZIF and Win7 HP 2510p

I installed a 126GB SSD ZIF "IDE\DISKRUNCORE__128G-C__SSD____________________090508S_\5&1769AD33&0&0. 0.0" in a HP 2510p, cloned the disk, but system freezes regulary after some minutes

Do I have the latest firmware & is there someone who cam help as RunCore support doesn't answer my mails?!

Many thanks

Default Re: Problems with 128GB ZIF and Win7 HP 2510p

I had similar issues with the 64GB version. Runcore said I should RMA the drive.

More info in the thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/pro-...p-2510p-37042/

Sorry, but what means "RMA" ?

RMA (Return Materials Authorization) means you return your your goods to get fixed or replaced.

Unfortunately I think I have to do the same. I also have a 2510p, and installed a 128 GB Runcore ZIF IV. My cloning did not work at all. It halted after 5% and I could never get it to resume. Eventually I could install Win 7 (via formatting in XP, system recovery in Vista, and finally new Win/ installation. Work perfectly for a few days, then, all of a sudden it freezes and hangs during startup, or just after. I have done it all over again, and the same thing happens once more. Clearly, the disk is flawed. Can someone confirm success?

Interestingly, this is my second drive. The first one was returned to MyDigitalDiscount because although stated on the labels that it was 128 GB, when installed it was only a 64 GB disk!

:(

Hi, I have a 128GB Zif Pro IV in a HP 2510p running XP working very well, so there is hope. I cloned this from a Pro III that wasn't working well and had to be returned, which in turn was cloned from original 80GB HDD.

I am running firmware 1571 and although I have the 1819 firmware for my SSD's configuration (Samsung M Die Flash type K9MDG08U5M-PCB0) I have not upgraded as it working fine with good performance (3x original HDD). Plus according to CrystalDisk Info I have TRIM support as a supported feature, so have scheduled Wiper.exe to run daily.

Good luck
    Simon.

Thread Information